Chapter 10 - A Messy Afternoon Part 2

Start from the beginning

<Rage>

As I shift, I want to lash out and smash like I normally do in this state, but with my inability to move, I was able to focus my anger and fight off the blinding fire inside me, preventing me from going berserk and harness it as I start to spit, the napalm blood melting away at the stone encasing me and giving some more space to move my mouth, giving me the chance to spit out a large amount, napalm blood gushing from my mouth and melting at the stone like a breath attack or something. The stone starts to shift to try and fill in the hole, giving me the chance to use rage's enhanced strength to break my arms free, allowing me to create a construct of a flaming monster wielding a giant cross as a weapon to break me free the rest of the way.

I'm done with all the crap I've been dealing with today, and rather than suppress the rage like I usually do, I think I'm gonna have some fun with this. After watching the stone reform back into it's typical bulky form, I come swinging at it with the construct of a chainsaw on my arm, ripping into it as shrapnel flies off around me. As I finish splitting it in half, I grab onto the top half and throw it into the air before dousing it in a massive dose of napalm blood.

What I didn't expect was the lower half to grow a new set of hands to pull me to the ground, and change one into a thin blade, stabbing me in the side. But the pain only added to the rage as I let out another blast of napalm blood from my mouth at what's left, only for it to turn to that pitch-like substance again and flow into the sewers, leaving me alone, panting on the ground with a hole in my side as ash fell down around me.

<Willpower>

As I calm myself down, I fly for cover before returning to my normal clothes, keeping the ring on to create a construct to patch up the hole in me and speed up healing. With this, it's not gonna heal overnight, but I should survive thanks to the ring. Now to get to Keke...

I took off running in the direction Keke went, finding that on a nearby street, the police were preparing to head in, civilians behind barricades. As they saw me running towards them, one of the officers caught me as I stumbled slightly and said "You alright?"

"Y-yeah, I'm fine. That thing, Phantom Lantern fought it, but it got away." I said

The officer gestured to a colleague, who went in to investigate as I passed through the barricade, only to be hugged by a very scared Keke.

"Thank goodness you're okay Naoki." Keke said, before saying in chinese "If something happened to you, I don't know what I would've done..." I wouldn't have understood that without the ring, but I'm gonna chalk that one up to Keke ending up instinctively going back to her native language from all the excitement. She's mentioned she did the same thing the first time she saw Kanon sing, though that was a happier instance than this.

I wrapped my arm around her and said "That's right, I'm fine, so calm down. I'm not going anywhere."

As I consoled the worried girl beside me, I let out a sigh of relief. Keke is safe because of me acting, and I want to keep protecting this girl and all my friends for a long time to come.

—-------------------------------------------------------

After his attempt at a conversation with Keke Tang, Kingo Oigi had followed her and the guy she was with, telling himself that it was just to make sure the guy she was with didn't do anything weird to her. He's obviously a jerk after he turned her against me like that earlier when he was nothing but nice to her Kingo had told himself. If the guy tried anything, this way he'd be there to protect her, and be her hero. Maybe she'd even start to feel the same way towards him as he does towards her. After all, seeing Keke up on stage, it almost seemed like love at first sight, and he was a nice guy, right? Someday he'll get his chance with her, surely.

However, now, rather than protecting Keke, he crawled through an alley, nursing his arm, blood oozing out of it. When that stone monster threw a car at Keke, while she managed to stay unharmed, a large shard of glass flew towards him, piercing the arm he had shielded himself with, piercing the artery. In the end, as he saw Keke run, he did the same, running down an alley near him. But in his panic, he tripped on a pipe, twisting his ankle. Looking forward, the alley seemed like it went on forever, and he could feel himself getting more and more dizzy as the blood left his body, and scared about what may happen to him between the severe bleeding and probable infection, and looking at his arm, he felt a coolness run through his arm as it started to change. The bleeding stopped, and it turned completely transparent and was harder than before, yet he could move it like normal. His arm had somehow turned into glass, but it functioned just like before. Then, as he placed his hand against the wall beside him, it turned into cement the same as what the building was made of. Freaking out, he tried to calm himself, focusing on his breathing, after which, his hand returned to normal.

After that, as he tried to do it again, it seemed almost effortless to change the material of hand or even his whole body. He even found that when touching the shard of glass, he could turn it into the same cement as the building. He could do it like nothing, and it felt great to know he had that kind of power. And who knows, what if there's more?

That's when a thought came to him. Which he muttered as he walked through the alley, his arm and ankle now made of cement, "What if I became a hero like that Phantom Lantern guy? Then maybe Keke would see me for who I am, and I could finally have Keke just like I want."