I can explain (NR)

Of all the things my dad warned me not to do, fall in love with Natasha Romanoff was by far the winner if I were to put it on a top 10 list right along with being best friends with Loki and not living at the compound with the other Avengers.

Clint Barton was never one to take kindly to his oldest not listening to him, the disappointment on his face when he found out Loki and I were best friends was immeasurable, and then double that when I told him I was moving out of the compound.

Pepper and Wanda had encouraged me to get away from the Avengers while I could, even if I was an Avenger I was still 19.

Natasha was 8 years older, part of the reason why my father immediately disapproved when he noticed Natasha and I were becoming closer. I mean, his best friend and his oldest cozying up was probably not going to make him happy.

Natasha especially didn't want to tell Clint, feeling semi-guilty or like she was violating some unspoken code and any second someone would burst through the door to arrest her and take her away from me. Or take me away from her.

The only ones that knew of my relationship with Natasha were Loki and Pepper. Laura was not my mom, actually no one is quite sure who my mom is, my dad fucked around a lot and one day a baby showed up on his doorstep with a note that said:

"payback for not using a condom."

Wanda and Pepper has basically adopted me, clearly loving me more than my own father. Wanda was only a year older than me but it was clear the mother daughter relationship we had was not going to change anytime soon. Pepper was instinctively a mother to me, seeing as my dad basically gave me a hunting knife and told me good luck as a kid. Pepper did most of the raising while my dad was off saving the world or wherever and Wanda idk Wanda was just naturally mothering me when Pepper was away with work.

In terms of father figures Bruce and Steve did more fathering than my dad, Clint was only biologically my father, he wasn't too invested in my life but felt the need to try and control me as much as he could. Natasha was constantly at my house, only ever at the compound when I was also there for meetings, or training when we absolutely had to be there. Wanda, and Loki visited constantly and Natasha often had to duck out of a room or hide in my closet while they were around.

Even though Loki knew I had yet to tell Wanda or anyone else and Natasha preferred as little knowledge about our relationship being known as possible so Clint had no chance of knowing and murdering us both. I didn't mind it, being kept so close, I knew a part of her was also scared to come out, but I didn't touch on that too much.

Natasha spent every night over at my house, bullshitting me that it was just because Thor's room was next to hers and she couldn't sleep with his snoring.

We both know that was bullshit because I've slept in her room and Thor does not snore like a freight train. But I let her get away with it because I love coming home to her and I love having our little bubble of domesticated life.

Waking up with Natasha is the best way to start my day and as always Natasha is cuddled up to me, holding me tightly, still asleep and completely relaxed.

Honestly the only place she relaxed this much was in bed with me, regardless of what we're doing a warm bed with my arms around her was all it took to make her guard drop because she knew I would protect her with everything I had. Natasha was as always, perfect, and placing a gentle kiss on her forehead I slid out of bed, pulling the covers over her to keep her warm while I went downstairs.

Just before I could get to the kitchen I heard a gentle knock on my front door. I moved swiftly before they could knock louder or ring the doorbell and wake Natasha up. Peaking out I saw Loki standing outside with a bag of food. Oh thank god. I smiled brightly and opened the door for him.