Today's the final game of the season and we've been good about making it to each one. Not like it was a hassle. Being married to the best player on the team has it's perks. Including getting the best seats in the whole damn stadium.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Now running for the Los Angeles Dodgers, Benny "The Jet" Rodriguez!" one of the announcers say over the speakers.

"He's there!" Maeve points to her dad at third base, waiting to take off for home.

"Yeah." I acknowledge with a shaky breath.

The entire game is riding on whether or not he's gonna be able to pull this off so I'm feeling a bit tense right now. Kenny, who's sitting on my other side, and Yeah Yeah, who's sitting next to him, are the same way.

"Come on, Benny." I whisper under my breath.

When the pitcher starts to wind up, Benny starts running for third. On a fucking suicide squeeze.

He better have made the right call. I swear to god.

No one who can do anything about it seems to notice him as he starts to steal home and just about everyone in the crowd, including the people I'm here with, stand up in anticipation.

"Mama." I hear my daughter say.

I look down to her and she puts her arms up, making a grabbing motion. She must not be able to see over the people in front of us so I bend down and pick her up quickly.

The pitcher makes the throw and just as the ball comes to home, Benny starts to slide in.

The batter does what he needs to and bunts the ball, with Benny touching the base right before the catcher is able to touch him.

He did it...

HE DID IT!

Everybody who came in support for the Dodgers goes insane when the ref confirms that he's safe. Everyone's cheering, knowing that the game is over and that we won.

That lucky motherfucker...

"You wanna go see dad?" I ask in Maeve's ear so she could hear me and she nods excitedly.

"We'll meet you guys for dinner." I tell Kenny and he nods before we head off to go see Benny when he gets out of the locker room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We're waiting out in the hallway after being let through by security.

"How long is he gonna take? I'm hungry." Maeve complains while leaning onto my legs.

It's only been 10 minutes. I have no idea where she got the dramatics from.

"Me too." I agree, caressing her hair.

We hear the door leading into the locker room open and my husband walks out, no longer in his uniform.

"Dad!" Maeve says before running towards him.

That timing was actually annoying.

He kneels down and opens his arms and she runs into them before he lifts both her and himself off the ground.

"You took a long time." I hear her say into his shoulder and he starts laughing.

"Sorry." he "apologizes", walking over to me as I continue to lean against the wall. "Did you like the game?"

"Yeah. But you made mom scared." she tells him and he looks over to me with a teasing smile on his face.

"Oh, really?" he asks her.

"Yeah. She was nervous at the end part." she elaborates.

"I'm sorry for making you nervous, mi vida." he says before kissing my cheek.

"I don't want the apology if you don't mean it." I tell him.

"Oh, but I do." he insists sarcastically while putting Maeve back on the ground.

"Mhm." I hum, not believing it one bit.

He genuinely smiles before wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me into him, our lips meeting in the middle.

"Not in front of the kid." I pull away slightly.

"She's halfway down the hallway." he whispers, his breath fanning my lips.

I turn my head and find her talking to Malcom. He's a security guard she has formed a liking to. He kind of reminds me of Mr. Mertle.

"Oh, in that case." I say sarcastically.

"Exactly." he agrees, trying to pull me back in but I stop him and start walking, pulling him with me as he groans. "Why'd you do that?"

"Me and your daughter are hungry."

*And that's it! I mean it this time :(.

I want to thank you all for reading and being patient with me when it took my centuries to post new chapters.

I invite you all to go over to my page if you want any say in the next story/stories I will write.

If not... oh fucking well... thanks for reading anyway.*