10: To My First.

Nabi didn't feel like leaving her bed at all the next day

Nabi didn't feel like leaving her bed at all the next day. Her eyes still stung a little from all the crying as well as they were puffy for the same reason. She reached for her phone and saw tons of texts from Bona and how she wanted to come over. Nabi didn't feel like seeing anyone that day so she quickly texted her, asking not to because she just wanted to be alone. Next she remembered how she panicked in front of Mark and felt a bit embarrassed that he had to see that side of her at the very beginning of their friendship so she opened their chat.

hey mark
i'm sorry i overreacted like that yesterday
and thank you for picking me up once again :(

She didn't have to wait long for an answer, it seemed like he was waiting for her message.

dude, no worries at all, don't apologize
i hope you're feeling a bit better? :/
tell me if you need anything

A small smile appeared on her face as she replied.

i just want to be alone today
but thanks i rly appreciate it
<3

Not knowing when, she dozed off and fell asleep, tired from all those emotions.

A doorbell suddenly woke her up as she jumped a little on the bed. She frowned and rubbed her eyes as the doorbell rang again. A sigh left her mouth when she checked her phone - 15 messages from Jeno and few missed calls. Nabi managed to get out of bed and checked to see who it was. After seeing her brother on the hallway, she unlocked the door and let him in.

"What the hell?! I was worried sick. Are you ok?" he grabbed her by the arms and scanned her up and down for some reason.

She didn't say anything and just burst out crying. Jeno was taken aback but scared, thinking of the worst. He quickly hugged his sister as tears fell down her cheeks and onto his jacket.

After Nabi told Jeno everything, the boy looked furious. "I'm going to beat his ass."

"What? No, why, it was our mutual decision." she grabbed his arm.

"He hurt you."

"And I hurt him. Can you please not do this?" she started crying again.

Jeno immediately sat back down and patted her head. "Ok, ok. I'm sorry."
It was a first for him to see her in such state. Nabi was the type that barely cried at all and there she was, losing water through her eyes like they were waterfalls. He saw how much in pain she was and even though they teased each other all the time, she meant the most to him along with their mom. He liked Xiaojun and they got along well, but at that moment he wanted to beat his ass for hurting his sister.

"Are you sure you'll be ok?"

Nabi smiled softly and nodded.

"If you need anything, let me know." Jeno hugged his sister and left since she asked to be alone.

It wasn't her first breakup but it sure was the worst one yet. She's never been with a guy as long as she was with Xiaojun so having him out of her life so suddenly felt strange. After taking a quick shower and grabbing bunch of snacks to munch on while watching another episode of "Singles Inferno", her phone buzzed.

Her eyes lit up for the first time that day when she saw Mark Lee posted a new song. She quickly paused the show on Netflix and clicked the link to Mark's soundcloud. The song sounded good from the very start. It was slow and catchy at the same time as Mark's rap was amazing as always. Nabi's eyes widened a little before beginning to cry for the nth time that day when she listened carefully to the lyrics that described her situation perfectly.

I can't ignore it and let it be
Those exceptionally dazzling days are still clear in my mind
In order to not let our good memories fade away
I am now letting my grip on you go
Even though I don't know
What emptiness will come once it's truly over
Like the beginning, when I was so blindly in love with you
I cut it off for you, our love is over

How does he do that?! she thought as tears kept on flowing and she cried while hugging her pillow. The pain was enormous and Mark's music helped her no matter the situation - that time he helped her let it all out even more. That's why she loved him so much - he somehow always knew what she was going through or how to make her feel happy even if it was happiness that lasted only for the song's duration.

 That's why she loved him so much - he somehow always knew what she was going through or how to make her feel happy even if it was happiness that lasted only for the song's duration

such emotional chapters these last two 😭
& a cute moment between Nabi and Jeno :(
also the dreamies "to my first" best song in the world i think