Chapter 8 - Heated Touch

I should have known something was wrong the second I opened my eyes. It wasn't really anything I could see; something just felt so off. Like the night before, the shadows of the trees danced on the fabric exterior of the tent as the wind howled quietly in the night. I pulled my blanket tighter around me, my skin suddenly feeling cold even under the cover. It wasn't until then I realised my shirt was missing; I could have sworn I was wearing one when I went to sleep?

I jumped slightly as I heard the zip of the tent opening. I looked over at where Kev and Seb should have been. Their stuff was still there but they weren't. I know I should have questioned it but for some reason I didn't feel as concerned as I thought I should have been, like there was normality in the fact they weren't there. It was most likely one of them coming back now. It was strange; I knew it was dark but the tent still held an essence of luminance, like there was a light source somewhere hidden out of view.

My eyes widened as the person entering the tent came into light. "Chase?" I mumbled, unsure if my mind was playing tricks on me. Why is he here?

He looked at me; a look of shock on his face, closely followed by a frown. "Shit sorry" he muttered, "Did I wake you?"

I wanted to ask him why the hell he was here or what he was doing but I couldn't find the words. I felt like if I questioned it he would leave; I didn't want that. I shook my head slowly. "No I woke up just before." My voice was low; only slightly hoarse as I watched him.

"Oh good" he sighed, "God it's freezing out there." He let out a shaky chuckle as he shivered. I watched him as he turned around, zipping the tent back up like it was the most natural thing in the world. I glanced around the tent once more. This was definitely the same tent except this time Kev and Seb's stuff was gone. How is that possible? I could have sworn they were there a second ago.

I looked back at Chase as he walked over to me; his hips swaying almost unnoticeably, my heart rate quickening with each step. I watched as he crouched down beside me before pulling his shirt over his head. I couldn't help but notice the red tinge on his cheeks as my mouth dropped. His body was beautiful. My eyes trailed over his being; soaking in as much as they possibly could. The toned curve of his chest and the dark nipples that rested on his pecs. My eyes trailed down; observing the various contours of his abs before stopping on the small trail of hair that led down and disappearing into his sweat pants. "Stop it" he blushed as he lifted up the blanket and climbed under; quickly pulling the fabric over his exposed skin. Our eyes met as he settled, a small shy smile on his lips as he noticed my eyes were still on him. I licked my lips as they started feeling dry.

I don't know where it came from but the sudden urge to reach out and touch him crept into my mind. Before I could stop myself I did; seeking contact. His mouth opened a little and his breathing became more audible as my finger lightly traced along his forehead, pushing the strands of hair that happened to cover his eyes out of the way. God his eyes were stunning. My fingers continued on their journey; trailing down beside his eyes and down his cheek, our eyes never leaving each other's. My hand stopped on the nape of his neck; gently holding him as my thumb caressed small circles onto his skin. "You are so beautiful" The words slipped out of my lips in barely a whisper; but judging by the small, almost incoherent whimper that left his lips he heard it.

I felt his hand as it made contact with my skin; just below my navel. I bit my tongue as it started trailing up my stomach; leaving a trail of fire in its wake. His movements were slow; cautious as his hand ran over my abs. I drew in a sharp breath as his fingertips brushed over my right nipple. His hand stopped; a shy smirk appearing on his face as he slowly, teasingly, started massaging the now erect bud. I released a low moan that I didn't realise was stuck at the back of my throat, begging and for any kind of release.