Scarlett was lost in her thoughts until JJ tapped on her shoulder, "you good there, daydreamer?" He asked. "Oh, yeah" she replied. JJ knew her well enough to know that wasn't quite the truth but he didn't want to push it.

                                                                        🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

A little while later they were all chilling in a newly built, not finished, industrial house. John b was on the roof dangling a foot over the edge. "Could you not throw yourself off the roof please?" Scarlett looked at him, her hand shielding her eyes from the sun. JJ's arm wrapped around her waist. "You'd make hell of a mess JB."

Pope looked through the length of the drill at John B "that's what, a three-in-one chance of survival?...I give you about one-in-three change of survival"

John b put his index finger out to check the wind, "should i do it?"

Scarlett laughed at the boy and looked up at him. "Yeah, jump"

Pope smirked and held the gun up like hes gunna shoot bullets into John B's face. Kiara walked out from exploring the house. "They're gunna have Japanese toilets with towel warmers" she spoke sadly, thinking of the baby turtles that once lived here. "This used to be a turtle habitat but whop cares about the turtles I guess" 

"I care about the turtles" Sophie chimed. She smiled at the girl reassuring her that she was on her side. While JJ wasn't paying attention Sophia stole his red cap and planted it on her own head, smirking. JJ looked back at her and chuckled "hey, give me my cap back!"

"Hey, you'll pay for that."

"Yeah right," he chuckled. 

John B started wobbling on the roof, JJ looked up to him "hey don't spill that beer, I'm not giving you another one!" 

Scarlett expressed a quizzical look, "JJ, didn't you steal those beers?" 

"Oh yeah...i forgot that."

Just in time John B wobbled a little too much, and dropped the beer on the floor creating a big splash. 

"Of course you did" 

"Smooth" 

Scarlett looked at the can of beer and turned to JJ "I still don't understand why you have beer in cans, glass bottles are much easier in my opinion" she said. JJ smiled and replied to her, "their also boring but very easy to smash someone's head in with." 

"Exactly i know right! That's why glass is always better coz if you in a situation where you need to bash someone's head-" Scarlett  was interrupted by pope spotting the coppers, "hey security's here" 

JJ jumped down from his spot and joined Scarlett on the deck. "Hm, boys are here early today," he mused looking over the railing. He took Scarletts hand and looked up at john B. "Humpty Dumpty lets roll!"

The group of five shared trouble making smiles before running throught the house, the thrill of the chase and the possibility of getting caught racing through their veins. Laughter echoed around the house irritating the policemen. 

JJ ran past Scarlett grabbing his hat from her head and jumping over the white fence onto the road. "Hi Gary, bye Gary!" She teased him as she ran passed just missing his grasp and jumping into the van to be met with her friends. 

"Check out Gary, really gunnin' for a raise" Pope jested 

"Come now you can do it!" JJ teased Gary who was running to catch the van. He turned to john B "slow down now"

John B shook his head with a chuckle before doing what he was told 

"Hey there, you little pricks!" Gary shouted breathlessly as he tried to catch up with the van. 

"Your so close you can do it!" JJ taunted him, throwing a can of beer at him as a reward. "They don't pay you enough bro!" 

"JJ, stop your gunna give him a heart attack" Kiara said trying to get him to stop, hiding her smile and trying to be responsible. 

"Oh come one now" JJ laughed. sliding the door shut and sitting down next to Sophia who was laughing. "That sort of initiative is just begging to be punished!" 

The five teenagers drove past the paradise on earth sign. With all her friends and the adrenaline gushing through her veins, Scarlett felt invincible, like she was the queen of the world.

Summer has officially started, and its gone off with a bang.

Note:

I hope this is okay for the first chapter 😂 I hope you all have a great day xx