05: The 🦋.

It was a tough morning for Nabi

It was a tough morning for Nabi. Her head had never hurt that much from a hungover and it seemed like the worst she's ever had. When she finally managed to open one of her eyes while squinting at the brightness of morning, she glanced to the side where she saw Bona still sleeping. She ruffled in bed carefully enough not to try and wake up her best friend. When she grabbed her phone she saw few text massages and bunch of calls from Xiaojun. When she saw his name she quickly put her phone down having no mental or physical strength to deal with him just yet. She grabbed clean clothes and went to shower right away.

The warm water hitting her body for about half an hour didn't help as much as she'd have wanted it to, but at least it felt good to be freshened up. After putting on a plain, white, oversized t-shirt and black Adidas sweatpants, she went to the kitchen to make spicy ramen right away. Her stomach kept on growling as she prepared the ideal hungover breakfast when a sudden doorbell caught her off guard. "Jeno-ya, don't you know to knock this early in the morning instead?!"

She seemed only a little bit taken aback when she saw the person disturbing her morning wasn't her brother but her boyfriend. She sighed and left the door wide open as she walked back to the kitchen.

"What the hell happened to you?" Xiaojun followed her after locking the door behind him.

Nabi chuckled. "Do I look that bad?"

The boy let out a deep sigh. "You haven't been answering me at all, I thought something had happened to you."

"Who the hell is ringing that damn doorbell?!" Bona ran out of Nabi's bedroom and froze at the sight of Xiaojun who immediately chuckled, realizing what was going on the night before. "Oh, hey. I'm going to shower, Nabi." she said, trying to avoid invading their privacy and well, she just didn't want to listen to an argument.

When she disappeared in the bathroom, Xiaojun looked at Nabi who just kept on stirring the noodles in the pot. "You went out drinking?"

"Nope. We drank here. Why, is that not allowed?" she turned to him with an annoyed stare.

"I never said that, I just asked. Can we not argue again?"

Nabi sighed. "Fine. My head hurts too much to do that anyway."

Xiaojun stood in silence as he kept on staring at Nabi who didn't bother to look at him at all, her eyes were focused completely on the ramen. He also didn't understand what has happened with them and where it was going. They used to be so happy together to the point everyone was jealous of their relationship but recently it felt like everyone wanted to avoid a one they had. Arguing was almost on their daily basis and most of it was because of how forgetful Xiaojun was - for example that Valentine's Day. He didn't blame Nabi for not understanding how he could've forgotten such a day when it truly was always displayed on every step - it just seemed like he didn't even notice because maybe he didn't care. What he did know for sure was that she was still important to him and he'd never want to intentionally hurt her. A thought crossed his mind that maybe they just weren't meant to be.