Don't Ever Leave Okay?

DON'T EVER LEAVE, OKAY?
A Fimogen One Shot

"Don't ever leave okay?"

Fiona's heartbreaking and desperate words stung Imogen's ears as she held her frail and scared girlfriend in her arms as they sat together in the cold loft. Still freshly broken into, there were picture frames shattered, open cabinets, and kitchenware scattered throughout. Imogen brought the older girl closer after Fiona had put her head on Imogen's shoulder. Imogen pressed her lips on Fiona's hair, giving her a soft tender kiss on the head.

"I won't leave you, Fiona," Imogen assured. "I promise."

She wrapped her other arm around Fiona, tugging her tight and humming softly to soothe her girlfriend. They sat there in comfortable silence with Imogen trying to rack her brain with ways she could be there for Fiona and ease her stress. She thought of what "don't ever leave" entailed, because not leaving would mean staying there, at Fiona's loft, just the two of them all night. Of course, Fiona had a guest bedroom or the couch and certainly, that's where she'd sleep, but a tiny part of Imogen hoped for a different situation.

Feeling her breath steady and calm, Imogen lifted her head off her girlfriend. Fiona lifted her head as well. Their eyes met and they displayed matching warm, almost shy smiles for each other. Imogen's heart danced and butterflies swam around her stomach just like the night on the Ferris wheel.

"So, you're staying here tonight then?" Fiona questioned with a slight twitch of her left eyebrow raising upwards and one corner of her lips tugging into a grin.

Imogen nodded softly, her eyes shining with eagerness, but her voice stayed calm. "Is that okay?" She searched her girlfriend's eyes for a sign of assurance.

Fiona giggled a bit, pulling back to see Imogen fully. "Of course it's okay. You've stayed here before."

"But that was when we were just friends and it was only for a movie night."

Fiona smiled with full teeth, as Imogen suddenly grew nervous. Fiona took her index finger and brushed strands of Imogen's loose hair from her face, tucking it behind her ear.

"Immy, relax, it's just a sleepover, we won't do anything you're not comfortable with."

Imogen's cheeks warmed and reddened. "I know, and I trust you. This is just new territory for us."

"I get it," Fiona said, face softening. "But it doesn't have to be serious. I'm just glad you're here with me. You make me feel safe."

Imogen's heart soared upon hearing that last line from Fiona. She took Fiona's hand into hers, caressing the soft porcelain palms molded against her tanned one.

"Really? I make you feel safe?" Imogen said with a sense of pride.

Fiona locked her eyes with Imogen's, squeezing their palms together.

"Immy, I've never felt safer with anyone than I do with you right now," Fiona proclaimed as her blue eyes intensified.

Her voice spoke with a slight rasp, coated with a thick sense of confidence and assurance for her girlfriend. Imogen's brows knitted together, but her eyes remained soft. She wanted to form the perfect response, the perfect words to pair with Fiona's wonderful proclamation, but at last, Imogen was wordless. Her girlfriend had finally stumped her.

"So..." Fiona broke the silence, standing up from the couch and untangling their intertwined fingers. "Shall we get ready for our very first sleepover?"

Imogen turned and looked straight up at Fiona. Fiona wore a charming grin and she held her hand out for the younger girl to grab.

"But I didn't bring anything," Imogen pointed out, taking Fiona's hand and allowing the older girl to pull her off the sofa.