one. || why me?

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : daisy. - wave to earth

0:01 •───────── 3:38↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺"Life always goes on and onBut, it's never fun at all"

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺
"Life always goes on and on
But, it's never fun at all"

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

seolha pov:

The scent of coffee and sweet treats fill the air as I walk in. I feel at peace after the hectic day. Juggling work and university is hard!

I placed my school bag, phone, and computer on the table to work on my essay.

Walking to the register, I ordered an iced americano and cinnamon roll. Iced americano has become a very popular drink in South Korea, and I wanted to try it for the first time. I don't get why. "How can people enjoy such a bitter taste?" I thought while waiting.

"Iced americano and Cinnamon roll for... Ahn Seolha!" Someone called. I rushed over for my drink, paid, and went to my seat with no words other than "Thank you so much!"

Taking a sip, my face shriveled up 'cause of the bitterness. I noticed my bag felt lighter than usual as I moved it... All my items like my phone, binders, and car keys were gone!

My eyes drifted to a suspicious woman who had a giant zebra print bag on her back. Seeing my car keys in her hand made my eyes pop out of my skull.

I dashed towards the woman, and she reacted quickly. My hands tried as hard as they could to get that zebra print bag, yet it made me look like the bad guy! I quickly stopped as I realized what I was doing looked odd out of context, and she took it as a chance to run.

I couldn't keep up with her cheetah-like pace. My heart raced, and my breath was getting heavier, I looked like a mess as I ran.

Despite those things, I managed to get closer, and I could almost get a hold of her!

"GET BACK HERE!!" I yelled.

Inching closer and closer, despair washed over me.

I had just tripped on a conveniently placed rock.

How amazing is that!

I couldn't catch myself in time, so I fell on my shoulder, sending a wave of excruciating pain throughout my body. I grunted in pain and quickly looked to see if anyone had just seen the embarrassing moment.

I met eyes with a young man who looked at me with his mouth covered. He turned to his friend when he noticed I was looking back at him. I heard their small giggles, and it made me annoyed, so I quickly got up and patted the dust off my clothes.

Although I managed to get up, my shoulder hurt like hell! I could move it, but it was painful.

The whole scene made me forget about the woman! Right there, I started to panic and mentally curse myself out as the woman had already left and was nowhere to be seen. I went back to the café feeling distressed. I sighed as there was nothing I could do as the evil woman from before had vanished.

In my seat, I sat there, silently drinking my bitter coffee and eating cold cinnamon roll.

yeonjun pov:

I was having a nonsense conversation with my friend, Kai, before he pointed out the lady laying on the sidewalk. I quickly turned to look and couldn't help but slightly giggle. Her eyes glared towards me, and I rushed to cover my mouth. I chuckled with my body instead, and I hurriedly looked away at Kai.

Kai and I couldn't stop laughing, but we stopped as we knew it was wrong to do so. From the corner of my eye, I saw she got up.

To be honest, I'm glad it wasn't anything serious and she had just fallen or something. Slightly relieved, Kai and I continued to talk with each other while walking around the area.

My eyes shifted to my favorite café, and I halted, stopping Kai. "Kai, you hungry?" I asked. He slightly nodded. "Hm? Kinda.. Why do you ask?" Kai wondered. I pointed over to the café just a crosswalk away. We looked at each other before we started walking towards it.

Walking in, I see the same lady that was on the sidewalk standing up, just about to leave. As I felt bad for laughing at her, I walked up to her with an apologetic expression.

"Excuse me, Miss? I saw you, uh... on the sidewalk a few minutes ago." I slightly chuckled with awkwardness. "I was just wondering if you were okay?"

The woman snapped out of her thoughts and looked at me with a slightly embarrassed look. She cleared her throat and answered back. "Yeah, don't worry.. Thanks for asking, though! It was kinda embarrassing.." It was starting to feel awkward and uncomfortable, so I let her be, exchanging goodbyes.

The woman rushed out and left, and Kai and I spent the rest of the day walking around Seoul.

seolha pov:

"How embarrassing! They saw me on the sidewalk!" My inner voice screeched.

To get home, I decided to take a taxi. Luckily, I still have my wallet! That sinister woman is going to be sorry once I report her to the police tomorrow...

[CHAPTER 1 END.]

A/N:
I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of "Why?" !! New chapters will come soon.