prologue

prologue, hogwarts[ at its peak ]

prologue, hogwarts
[ at its peak ]

"AMARYLLIS POTTER!" The resounding baritone of Headmaster Albus Dumbledore pierced through the air, silencing the room as he called out with great emphasis.

Like a symphony of voices, his words pirouette across the vast sea of students hailing from diverse institutions—Durmstrang, Beauxbatons, and Hogwarts—all eagerly anticipating the unveiling of their Triwizard Champions.

All eyes swivel to the Potter Heiress, as hushed allegations ripple through the space. Some reviving long-dormant whispers of her becoming the next embodiment of darkness, while others feigned familiarity only to feel the sting of eventual betrayal.

Amaryllis Potter felt the gentle pressure of her best friend Ronald Weasley's hand on her shoulder. Despite his good intentions, the unexpected touch causes jolts through her, causing her to startle and jump in her seat.

Amidst her inner derision, Amaryllis mused at the foolishness of the old man who placed faith in a goblet's ability to select a worthy candidate.

Every head in the great hall turned to the Potter girl, who looked down at the floor, begging it to open under her and swallow her hole.

Except, before Amaryllis could leave the room, the goblet changed; it started to speak. "I shan't sit back as you put the Chosen's life at risk.

"The Chosen will not live this life anymore. Her soul was writhing under the weight of your torment, with the weighty prophecy chained to her back. Brace yourself, for the veracity of the life you've spun to suit your fancy, shall be revealed. Lady Amaryllis Potter, your story shall be laid bare. And we pledge that your voice shall resound loud and clear."

As if summoned by an otherworldly force, the room is suddenly graced by the presence of several Witches and Wizards. Among them are Molly and Arthur Weasley, Remus Lupin, Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy, Nymphadora Tonks, Andromeda Tonks, Ted Tonks, and Kingsley Shacklebolt. Each emanating an aura of mystique and power, they have materialized as if by magic.

As the form of a dog comes into view, Amaryllis' face lights up with joy, recognizing her godfather and his husband, her beloved Uncle Remus or preferably, as he deserved to be called, her Uncle Moony. Overcome with happiness, she takes a step towards them, but Hermione swiftly intervenes, grasping Amaryllis' wrist to prevent her from running into their embrace.

Despite Hermione's efforts to contain her, Amaryllis continues to gaze at the couple with a beaming smile, her heart overflowing with love and adoration.

"What are you doing?" Hermione Granger's words slice through the tense air like a sharp blade as she practically hisses at Amaryllis, who isn't shocked at her tone of voice, more so used to it, "Sirius is a mass murderer! And Remus is a bloody werewolf!"