04: Red Like Wine.

"Are you ok, honey?"

"Yeah, mom, I'm fine." Nabi gave her a reassuring smile as the woman patted her back. She noticed that her daughter had been acting a little bit different, she seemed a bit sad and concerned like she had lots on her mind.

"Is it about college?" her mom looked at her with soft and almost sad eyes. "I'm sorry you had to take a gap year to help me-"

The girl immediately put her hands on her mom's shoulders. "Stop it, it's nothing to apologize for. I agreed to help and I don't regret it. College won't run away."

The woman smiled and hugged Nabi. "Are you sure everything's ok?" she tucked a strand of her daughters hair behind her ear. "With Xiaojun?"

Nabi took a deep breath and went back to wrapping a bouquet that someone had ordered through the phone. "It's complicated."

The woman understood and even though her curiousity was skyrocketing, she decided to let it go. She joined her daughter in decorating the flowers when a customer came in. Both women automatically looked up to welcome her with a smile when someone passing by, with a faded blue hair color, caught Nabi's attention. The girl hadn't seen Mark for over a week and every time the door to their shop opened she hoped it would be him but never was. She was afraid that her thoughts she had that one day while taking a shower were coming true and she'd never see him again. It was the first time someone similar to him walked by and he had to take that chance. Without much hesitation, she suddenly ran out from behind the counter and out of the shop, making her mom and the customer as confused as ever.

"Mark!" she screamed but the person wouldn't turn around. She ran over closer and called his name again, only to have no reaction once more. She finally caught up to the person and tapped their shoulder gently, not wanting to startle them. "I was ca- oh, I'm sorry." she bowed immediately when the person in question turned out to be someone other than Mark. She couldn't help but feel disappointed as she walked back slowly to the flower shop.

"What happened?!"

The girl waved her hand and put on a fake smile. "Nothing, mom, I thought I saw someone I knew."

"