03: Child.

"Did you have to be so mean to him?" Nabi let out an annoyed sigh as she walked behind the counter to finish up closing

"Did you have to be so mean to him?" Nabi let out an annoyed sigh as she walked behind the counter to finish up closing. The way Xiaojun responded to anything Mark said with a sweet smile wasn't acceptable for her since the boy didn't do anything wrong to be met with her boyfriend's attitude.

"I wasn't mean?"

"Yes, you were."

Xiaojun rolled his eyes and placed his hands on his hips. "You're just mad at me for forgetting about Valentine's Day."

"You know, I find it really hard to forget such a day when heart balloons, chocolates and flowers are displayed on every step."

"Nabi. All we do is argue recently."

"And why do you think that is?" she gave him a look, making it clear that he was the reason for that.

"Let me guess, it's all my fault, isn't it?"

"You're the one who isn't trying at all."

Xiaojun held his head in frustration as he then ran his fingers through his perfect hair. He sighed loudly and put his hands in his jacket pockets. "Whatever, let's forget it and get going."

"Typical."

"What do you want me to do?!"

Nabi put on her jacket angrily as she eventually raised her voice, not being able to control her anger with her boyfriend who recently didn't seem to care for their relationship. "I want you to care for real!"

Xiaojun sighed again and walked over to the girl that wouldn't even glance at him. He wrapped his arms around her and gave her a quick hug, followed with a peck on her cheek that she didn't respond to at all.

"I think it's best if we reschedule the dinner to some other time."

He dropped his hands. "Are you serious?"

"I'm already in a shitty mood, I don't want both of us to force a smile and pretend like we're enjoying ourselves." she walked over to the front door, holding it open until Xiaojun followed.

He scoffed as soon as he walked out. "Whatever." he mumbled and left.

Nabi rolled her eyes and shut the door a bit too harshly, startling herself that something might've broken but thankfully it didn't. As she locked up the shop, she made her way towards an apartment she was renting all alone. She dropped on the couch in her tiny living room as soon as she got back. After taking a breather, she sloppily took off her shoes and jacket and then every piece of clothing to quickly jump under the shower.

The shower was her favorite and practically her only place she let herself overthink. She was a bright person with a positive mindset and there was barely anything that could make her mad so when she did get angry - something serious must've happened that she couldn't handle. Her relationship with Xiaojun was going downhill for few months now and she couldn't find herself in that situation. The two had been a couple for two years and they were a picture perfect one for over a year and a half, when recently everything changed. She didn't know why or how because she didn't change, she was still the same Nabi he met years ago and fell in love with.

As she was thinking about Xiaojun and trying to understand what the hell was going on with the two of them, suddenly Mark came to mind. She smiled remembering his cute one whenever they'd talk or how he engaged in her sharing her love for, well, him - she just didn't know the artist Mark Lee she loved and admired so much was the same Mark that she had managed to click with so quickly at her mom's flower shop. Then she remembered how Xiaojun acted to him and she felt terrible. She wished she had Mark's number to apologize on behalf of her boyfriend but none of the two got to exchange those yet. A sudden,
sad thought came to her mind - what if she doesn't see him again because of how Xiaojun treated him? What if he was just there for vacation and won't be ever coming back? What if she never sees his cute smile again whenever she fangirled about his music to him without her knowing that detail yet?

She shook her head, hating the overflow of thoughts as she stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around her body. After putting on her sweats and letting her long hair dry naturally, she went to grab some leftover food from the fridge. After enjoying her food while watching some Netflix show, she laid down on her couch and turned on Mark's new song. She loved it at the first listen and knew she would even more at the second. She closed her eyes as she listened to his soothing voice and lyrics that made her shed few tears she didn't intend to shed.

Mark moved around the apartment carefully as he noticed Johnny sleeping on the couch

Mark moved around the apartment carefully as he noticed Johnny sleeping on the couch. He walked over to turn off the TV and cover his best friend with a blanket. After quietly grabbing some snacks from the kitchen, he went to his room. After taking off his hoodie, he dropped down on his bed. He covered his legs with a blanket and unlocked the phone, wanting to quickly see the numbers of listeners and likes as well as comments under his new song "Child". He sighed when the number only reached about nine hundred, but he knew it was only out for few hours. As he scrolled down, he noticed few comments, but one in particular caught his eyes.

"your music is always there for me when i need it. thanks, mark <3"

He smiled at the kind words and a tiny heart next to his name. Out of curiosity he looked at the person's nickname and giggled when it read "mark's #1 enjoyer". There was many times he wondered what it felt like to have thousands of fans showering artists with constant love and compliments - but sometimes just one fan could warm his heart incredibly. He opened the bag of chips he snatched from the kitchen and turned on TV.

He tried hard not to think about Nabi, but his mind wouldn't listen. Mark wasn't the type of person to fall easily - he had only one serious girlfriend and it was years ago when she broke his heart. Ever since then, he focused solely on himself and himself only. No one was able to occupy his mind or heart or distract him from his only love - music - even though many have tried. That was until Nabi appeared in his life.

obsessed obsesseeeeeeed with this book i'm crazy 😭

poor Nabi tho :( why do men tend to loose interest and not care after getting too comfortable in a relationship 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄