~ Short ~

"I love you.." I whisper out

"Say that again?" He looks at me, a mischievous glint in his eyes

"I-I said, I love you." I say a little louder.

He smirked as he walked close to me, inches away now.

"And I don't." He said.

But. I'd been so sure! Cho said it would work out!

Cedric took a step back "I love Cho." He what? "You? You were a bet." His smirk only grew bigger

"I-I mean n-nothing to you?" I ask him, was this all some sick joke?

"You did, actually, and I just won 100 galleons. So thanks! You can have 0% of it though!" He grinned

✧✫❦✫✧

"Aura!" A finger snapped in front of me

"Yeah?" I ask the person sitting next to me.

"What were you thinking about?" Luna asked, her dreamy voice soothing as always.

"Just-" I hesitate "Just what Cedric said. I know its been 6 months but it still kinda hurts. And I though Cho was my best friend too." I say

"I know, I know exactly how you feel." Luna says "But its ok, you will find someone for you, now c'mon, Hermione's waiting for us." She offered a kind smile and held my hand as we walked out the Great Hall.

"Hi Mione." I say with a smile as I reach her.

"Hey! How're you doing?" She says "Ginny isn't joining, she's with Dean again."

She's barely hung out with us since she started dating Dean, I mean, I get it! I do! Its just, I wish it would be just the 4 of us again..

Anyways.

"So what do you 2 have?" I ask

"Potions."

"Transfigurations."

"Cool, I have Potions with you Mione." I smile "See you Luna!" I wave as we walk, she waves back, a brighter smile and a light in her eye as if to say 'you can do this, girl!'.

Hermione and I walk down to the dungeons, its so cold..

"You know, I'm pretty sure you can put Diggory to jail." Hermione says

I shake my "No, its not a good enough reason."

"Hmm, it should be a rule." Hermione says to which I agree

I wish they would stop talking about it.. I mean, I get they're tyring to help but it would be better if they just stayed silent.

We reach the potions class and step in.

Its a new class, a mix of the smarter 4th graders.

So that's why I was surprised as Mattheo Riddle burst the door open with Draco and Blaise next to him, singing Happy Birthday.

How are they so carefree?

"Ha-PpY bIrThDaY tO yO-u!" Draco sings

"Damn, you had a good voice crack there!" Blaise laughs with Mattheo

Then Mattheo, Draco and Blaise walked to the front of class and banged Snape's desk thrice.

"LISTEN UP!" Blaise yelled

"Since it is my birthday today, we're having a party!" Mattheo said

"EVERYONE is invited!" Draco said

"But Potter," Mattheo said "Thank you." he bowed before they all laughed and sat down at their seats, back row.

"Gosh." Hermione whispered to me "They're so- ugh!"

I was sure she likes Draco.

Luna likes Blaise.

"What're you whispering there, Granger?" Blaise asks

"Nothing." Hermione narrows her eyes

"Oh, c'mon, we all know how she's admiring my looks." Draco said, making them all laugh "But she'll never get it."

"I don't want it." Hermione said, but I knew she was lying.

"Sure, Granger, sure." Draco said to which Hermione rolled her eyes "We'll see about that." He grinned

I just looked down and continued with my doodling, I was really making something.

"And what's this?" Someone snatched the book out of my hands

"Hey! Give it back!" I yell getting up and trying to take it out of their hands, well, specifically Mattheo's hands.

"Mm, how about no?" He said "Or, lemme guess, you'll order me to give it back?" He laughed

I went on to my tippy toes and tried to reach for it.. uh oh.

I only realised how close we were standing when he looked down.

"Seriously?" He asked "Are you that short?" He said

I scrunch my face up and say "Its just you whose tall."

"What are you? 5 foot?" He asked laughing, I could smell his minty breath.

"5'2 actually." I say quietly

"Exactly! Short." He said smirking and leaning in slightly.

But that was just enough for me to knock to book out of his hand and back into mine. Unfortunately, he'd been holding onto some pages, the more- important pages, which ripped out and he took a step back, smirking while he looked at it. His smirk sunk as he saw it.

"What's this?" He asked me

"Nothing." I say

"Sure," He said "Now give that back."

He flicked the diary out of my hands once more and slipped the pages back "Hmm.. you know, come to the part tonight and I'll return this."

I rolled my eyes before sitting down and slumping in my seat.

I'd forgotten the class was watching..

✧✫❦✫✧

A/N: Yahh! First chapter! How is it?

We are at the start of the year btw and ginny and Ron are twins.

Vote, comment and follow me!

Thank you for reading!

Love,
Ava!