21

A knock made me come out of my thoughts. Olivia's head peeked through and I smiled slightly.

,,Hello, I saw your paper on my table. Did something happen?" she asked, standing by the door.

,,No. Come on, sit down," I pointed to the seat across me, ,,I just want to have a talk with you," her face went serious and she slowly sat down.

,,Nothing happened, you don't have to be so stiff and nervous. I just wanted to get to know you more since we are the only women here," I raised my eyebrows and crossed my arms, ,,how old are-"

,,My name is Olivia Stefan, I'm 23 years old. I may look weird to you but I actually suffer from anxiety, which started at 13 for me. I have worked here 5 years, because it's the only job I found at 18 years old where you don't have to perform or talk with others pretty much. I only have to get the monthly documents to you. That's the only time when I see people because I have my own office where I am all of the time. You seem very nice to me, that's why I was braver than most of the time," she blurted out and I stared at her, ,,I don't have a boyfriend, and I only have 1 friend. I have 3 people who I talk normally," she added, ,,and now you."

,,You don't look weird to me," I shrugged, ,,I'm just in a really deep shit right now and I need friends and company to keep me away from overthinking," I smiled, my voice breaking a bit.

,,I would love to be your friend and keep you busy," her eyes lit up and another smile came on to my face, ,,but if I may ask....what happened?"

,,I broke up with my fiancé," I bite my lip and looked at my finger where I didn't have the ring anymore.

,,Oooh, I'm sorry," she muttered and looked down at her lap, ,,I don't know when I can be engaged with someone nice."

,,Everyone can. You just have to wait for the right one. Well, I thought I had the right one but seems like I didn't."

,,You're too pretty to deserve that," she gave me a pity look and then sighed, ,,but I have to go now, need to keep up with the documents," she said, standing up, ,,we can go to a cafe today. You know, getting to know each other more."

,,Sure," I nodded and waved to her as she closed the door.

[- - -]
next day

,,I'm gonna murder him," Antonela hissed, ,,no one does that to my bestie."

,,Antonela, calm down," I sighed.

,,No I'm not. This is not okay, Michelle. And you are not okay. You look bad and tired," she stated, looking at me intensively, ,,Rachel told me to keep an eye on you. And I will do that."

,,You really don't have to."

,,No, I want. And I'm gonna tell Lionel to keep an eye on you too with the others. Or you're gonna commit a suicide at work."

,,What?" I giggled, ,,no one's going to commit a suicide. I'm not in that deep depression to do that."

,,But how do you know, though? The people who commit a suicide, are always happy and too calm before the death day."

,,Antonela what are you talking about? You have seen too many films, I'm telling you."

,,Maybe I am but I'm worried about you," she stroked my hand and smiled at me, ,,you're going to be okay."