𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

Start from the beginning

Adjusting his hold on his cane, Campbell expelled a short exhale in what would be considered a laugh but nothing was funny. He thought he had everything in his control, "I belie—"

"I wasn't done," the authoritative tone that exuded from her being was not one to be questioned, "Quite frankly, I don't care what you believe. This is my meeting, you will hear me all the way through. And only then, are you more than welcome to speak."

There was nothing wrong with a word to word fight. She had done nothing, no violence had taking place. As much as he didn't want to, all he could do was stand there and listen. Sensing that he would keep quiet for now, Lettie continued.

"Let's make this quick, yes? From the very beginning, your mission was to take down Tommy and now you're back to finish the job, right," the cloud of white that escaped with every breath from the chilly air shown with every word spoken. The determination in her eyes was hard to miss as they appeared very distinctively through the foggy mist, "This...obsession with Tommy is laughable. You have learned many lessons, Mister Campbell," gazing down to his cane indiscreetly, she then looked back up to meet his own scrutiny but residing behind his glare was an ever growing anger, "But there is still a lesson you have yet to learn."

Leticia Morelli had a way with words that made anyone go silent in waiting for her next words for you never knew where she was going with it. The ones who had grown quiet had never realized their silence because they were too busy trying to decipher her meanings.

Campbell remained still in place, his eyes squinting in curiosity.

Her red stained lips stayed in a straight line not giving away anything to the man, "You can go after Tommy all you want. But when it's his family, that's where you've crossed the line. And when I hear about it," spreading her arms out in a small quick fashion, she sighed, "Well, I'm here, aren't I?"

Looking around to both sides of him, Campbell looked back to the Morelli beauty with a quirked brow, "You are standing in place for, Mister Shelby, are you? Let's beat around the bush, shall we. What is it really you want to discuss, Miss Morelli?"

A still silence swept over the two in the hushed alleyway. If Lettie looked at the man any longer she knew she'd do something she'd regret, so she thought it best if she were to hurry it along. Cutting straight to the point, Leticia grew more firm, her eyes holding more power than anything in their vicinity, "I know what you did to Polly," taking a step closer so that he could see and feel the tenacity emanating from her being, "And I know what you did to Michael when he was in jail," the fire wielding behind her irises could've blinded any man if it were to take physical form, that's how angry she was. To get her statement across, she finished in a hostile mutter, "There's a special place for men like you."

It was almost near a standoff. The two figures, so unmistakably different, stared one another down neither showing defeat. You could certainly cut the tension with a knife, the deathly still silence being overwhelmingly lethal.

Huffing out a short breath of humor, the curly haired woman shook her head in disbelief at the thought that this man wanted to go against the Shelby man, "You wanted to dine with the devil," most would've missed the quick, slight tilt of her red lips if they weren't paying close attention because as quick as it came, it vanished, "Now you'll meet hell."

Campbell found no words escaping him. Leticia always found people's silence was answer enough.

Finding the meeting coming to a close, Lettie pulled her gloves tighter on her hands from the swift breeze that blew through the street. Looking up from under her fascinator once more, she left it on one more parting note, "The races is in three days time. We both know someone will be meeting their expiration," raising her chin slightly in disdain, she voiced steadily, "And it won't be Thomas Shelby."