i. the life of a normal teenager

Start from the beginning

"Good." Aster pushed herself out of her seat and made her way to the door. "Hope the rest of your day will be as terrible as mine, Ross."

A heavy sigh escaped Ross' lips. "Always a pleasure, Miss Stark."

When Aster slammed the door shut behind her, Ross shot Tony a look. The billionaire was busy trying to stifle a smirk of his own, seeing way too much of himself in her.

───

"I'm not going."

"Ace, get up."

"Nope. Not gonna happen."

Her first day of school came too quickly. Tony knew she wouldn't get up on her own accord, which is why he burst into her room far too early in the morning. Already awake, Aster kept herself buried under the covers of her bedding, with only the top part of her messy brunette hair peeking out.

Tony stared down at her with an amused smirk on his face. He sat on the edge of her bed and tugged at the covers. "What do I have to bribe you with?"

Aster flipped the comforter over to reveal herself, eyeing him wearily. "Well, there is one thing..."

Narrowing his eyes at her, Tony sent her a dubious look. He knew that mischievous look on her face all too well. "Okay..."

"I get my suit back."

A groan followed her words. "You're killin' me here, kid."

"Oh, come on!" Aster threw her arms out by her sides, sitting up in her bed. "Ross won't know. I'll be incognito. It can be our little secret."

"Yeah. Just one thing. If you get caught, then what?"

Aster scrunched her nose, tilting her head at him. "You think so lowly of me. I won't get caught."

Tony wasn't buying it. "Listen, if you go to school and prove to Ross that you can follow his guidelines, maybe, he'll let you start kicking ass again." Tony smoothed his palms down his suit pants and stood with a sigh. "Man, is this what it's like having a teenager?"

Still not wanting to go, Aster fell back into her plush pillows and sighed dramatically. "What if I get bullied? That's what happens in the movies at high school."

"You won't get bullied," Tony said simply. "This isn't just any high school. This is a nerdy one. Nerds don't bully."

Making a face at him, Aster frowned. "Are you calling me a nerd?"

"Twenty minutes," Tony loudly announced over his shoulder as he strolled out of the room. "I already made you an omelet to go." Aster's confusion doubled. She didn't know he could cook. "Happy's waiting in the car!"

Staring up at the ceiling, Aster rolled her eyes and groaned, finally pulling herself out of bed. "The only reason I'm going is that I'll be bored here if I don't!" she yelled back. Placing her hands on her hips, she let out a huff. "I should've just gone to live with the Guardians," she mumbled bitterly.

"I heard that!"

───

Aster peered out the passenger's window with a nervous grimace on her face. Turning to Happy, she smiled warmly at him. "How much for you to circle around and drop me back off at the compound?"

Scoffing, Happy sent her a look. "Nice try, kid."

With a disappointed sigh, she pulled her backpack onto her shoulders and shoved the door open with her foot. Before getting out of the car, Aster saluted Happy. "If I don't make it out of here, tell Tony 'I told you so.'"