Bad day - fluff

Warnings: none
-

Summary: Ghost is having a bad day, and making it a point to everyone at the base. They all are trying to avoid him but forget to warn Soap not to mess with him.

-

No one pov:

Ghost huffs out a breath as he walks into the kitchen, sorry for anyone who crosses his path. Unfortunately for Gaz who was stood in the kitchen making some toast, he was unaware of the ticking bomb walking into the kitchen.

Gaz looks up, watching as Ghost opens the fridge quite rough without even acknowledging him. "Good morning to you too," Gaz says while turning back to the toaster. He waits for Ghost to make a joke back or say something but complete silence fills the room, causing Gaz to look back up. He furrows his brows in confusion, Ghost just left without a word.

Ghost walks quickly through the base, ignoring anyone and everyone. He is ignoring them both because he is annoyed at everything and because he doesn't want to go off on anyone for no reason. After reaching outside he walks over to the training area and picks a punching bag, deciding to take out his anger on the bag.

He glances behind him when he hears the door to outside open, he rolls his eyes as Gaz, Price, and Soap walk outside. Price and Gaz avoid looking at Ghost and they take a seat at a bench a little ways away from where he is training. Soap however walks over to Ghost and examines his training, Gaz takes in a sharp breath as he watches Soap "Crap, I forgot to tell him Ghost is in a bad mood! He is so dead," Gaz says with a sigh. 

"Hey Ghost, spar with me instead," Soap says, already walking over to the sparring area. Ghost rolls his eyes and follows behind Soap, not able to reject him. "OK, ready?" Soap asks, holding up his fists. Ghost holds up his and nods "Go!" Soap exclaims before charging forward in an attempt to surprise Ghost.

He, however, easily dodges Soap's attack and is quick to grab Soap's arm to pull behind his back, trapping him and ending the fight. Ghost lets go and looks at Soap as Soap rubs his shoulder "Damn, you're good," Soap complains/complements. Ghost feels a smile make its way to his face as he looks away from Soap, his face slightly red. 

Ghost's smile quickly drops when he makes eye contact with Gaz, who is sat on the bench with a shocked face the same as Price's right next to him. Soap nudges him, making him turn back to look at Soap "Doing ok?" Soap asks softly. 

Ghost just nods and stops walking "I need to do something, I'll see you later though," Ghost explains. Soap nods and walks back inside. Once he is sure Soap is gone, Ghost walks over to Gaz and Price. "Say anything about what you just saw and I'll make sure you both never speak again," Ghost threatens the two men before turning away to leave. 

"You like Soap!" Gaz says, standing up in shock. Ghost turns back and glares so hard at Gaz, one might think he was trying to kill him with just a look. Gaz sits back down and closes his mouth quickly. "Just...don't tell anyone," Ghost mumbles, catching a glimpse of Price's smile before he leaves to go inside. 

---------------

very short chapter!! :)