25.

it had been a couple weeks since juno's overdose. she had been discharged from the hospital, and with the help from damon, found a therapist that was really helping her. damon had left for his tour, but was calling every night to check in on her. juno had just landed in JFK international airport, and was trying to find a cab to take her to the hotel.

juno was honestly doing alright. the hardest part of this whole ordeal, other than seeing her family and friends so upset because of her, was the press. they had caught on so quickly. everywhere she went she had someone asking her about the overdose. juno tried to play it off, but she knew that the press would be on her ass about it until they knew exactly what happened.

juno's head was pounding as she reached her hotel room. it was beautiful though. very modern, white duvet, a television, a fruit platter laid out for her from the cosmopolitan team, as well as a champagne bottle. all she wanted was a bump, but wanted to stay clean. not just for herself, but also for her friends, damon, simon, etc.

juno had promised that she'd ring damon as soon as she arrived, since he wanted to make sure she was doing alright, and wasn't using. the phone rang for a while, and juno assumed that he was asleep, due to time differences, however after a few more rings, he picked up.

"hello"? damon croaked, sounding as though the phone call had woken him up.

"damon? it's juno. i've just arrived".

"oh, hi juno. how was the flight? how are you"?

"i'm alright, the plane ride was fine. bumpy".

"fuck, i miss you already".

"i miss you too. where are you guys right now"?

"paris".

"i wish i was there with you guys".

"hey, the offer still stands".

"damon, you know i can't come on tour with you".

"i know, i know. it was worth a shot".

"when do you get back for your break? i get back in a couple days. only here for the shoot but booked a couple extra days for sightseeing".

"a week and a half from now i believe. we get a break in between our western and eastern europe dates".

"brilliant. i miss you".

"i miss you too, love. shouldn't you get to bed? it's late there isn't it"?

"probably, but i'm not feeling well at all, and would probably have finished a whole bottle of champagne if i wasn't on the phone with you.. also, this might be a shot in the dark, but i have a strong feeling that the cosmo is gonna ask me about you... can i tell them"?

"if you're comfortable with it, then i am. if anything i want you to talk about it. i don't wanna hide it".

"alright.. i will then. i'm so tired damon".

"i'm sure you are.  i do have to go shortly, i we have to get ready for a gig.. why don't you stay on the phone with me, but put me on speakerphone and try to fall asleep. i'll do the same, but get ready at the same time".

"good idea.. let me just change into my pyjamas and brush my teeth".

juno stripped the nike sweatpants and matching sports bra that she had on, and put on a vintage 1970's nightgown, that she had worn since she was a child. it was now hardly a nightgown, and barely went past her arse, but it brought her comfort.

junk brushed her teeth, and hopped into bed. the plush duvet and pillows were cold, and juno loved how it felt.

"alright. goodnight damon, have a good show".

"goodnight love".

it didn't take long for juno to fall asleep, the sound of damon getting ready and talking to graham acting as white noise as she drifted off. damon noticed as soon as she fell asleep, because her breathing became more steady and heavy. he didn't want to, but he hung up the phone. he would've stayed on the phone, but knew juno would have to pay for the phone calls she was making in the hotel.

juno woke up bright and early the next morning. she rushed out of the hotel, and caught a cab to the shoot. she was sweating balls, and was extremely nervous. the hair and makeup team helped ease junos nerves as they dolled her up, which juno appreciated more than they'd think it would've.

juno's outfit was pretty fuckin' sick. she was in a full denim outfit, denim shirt, jacket and pants. her hair was slicked back, and she looked stunning.

the photos turned out incredible. juno was definitely one of those people who didn't know how truly beautiful they were. everyone else in the world knew, hell, she was even considered one of the biggest sex symbols of the 90's, but she'd never understand her beauty.

juno spent the rest of the day in the top tip of manhattan, shopping in times square. she had picked up some new makeup, as well as a windbreaker jacket for damon, which would become his iconic jacket that he'd wear almost daily throughout blurs prime.

authors note
sorry that this is so short, i can't sleep and decided to write.