《16》Dim Promise

Start from the beginning

'...Who would have thought?' Shoko muses, tilting her head as she watches her acquaintance ponder his own thoughts. Shoko has never seen him act like this extreme before, so there was only one way he was feeling.

"That just means you like her..."

Gojo visibly flinches when her words reach him. His lips part as he looks over at his friend. His visible confusion made her continue.

"With the way you're acting, worried about what she thinks and that she doesn't trust you...it's obvious enough you like her," Shoko says as a matter of fact, puffing out a cloud of smoke. 

Expecting the conversation to end there, with him flustered or gushing...she was greeted with another thing. Shoko's expression is stiff when she saw Gojo's shoulders trembling, soon followed by a hollow chuckle. A cold shiver runs down her spine.

"Like her? Don't be ridiculous...after all---" Gojo manages to muster through laughs, lifting up his eyes to look up at her. Shoko remains stiff when his hollow eyes gaze through his shades. He then voices coldly.

"--Love is the most twisted curse of all,"

___________

"Is what he says...' Shoko muses, placing the cigarette on her lips. Despite what he said to her, Shoko thought otherwise. But whether he admitted his feelings wasn't her problem, to begin with, but rather, she was much more worried about how those feelings could be twisted in some way. And if Gojo really were to fall in love, it will only cause them two problems.

Shoko sighs as she thought about it more. 

"Don't worry...Gojo doesn't have a girlfriend..." Shoko leans to pat the sullen Ijichi, "Cheer up,"

.

.

.

.

.

Haru sneezes abruptly, rubbing her nose. The rest of her contract curses appear all around her, a clear sign that they are worried. She was at home, cleaning around the area since she was expecting someone. 

"■☆•M-M-Master...!! A-Are y-you g-gonna dieee■☆•????" Pan freaks out, shaking frankly with tears in his eyes. 

"Master you should drink some herbal tea!" Susanoo then pressures beside her. Haru deadpans at their extreme reactions, rubbing her nose.

"Calm down...it was the dust," Haru sighs, brushing off her clothes. She reaches for her back pocket, unlocking her phone to see the time. On cue, the kettle began to whistle. Haru scurries over to her kitchen, turning off the heat just in time. She sighs, eyeing the rest of her kitchen, the food was prepared, and the home is clean...now all she needed to do was---

Ding-Dong. The doorbell echoes. A bright smile makes its way toward Haru's usual stoic expression, sensing the familiar presence at the door. Quickly, the heiress makes her way to her front door, opening the door rather hurriedly. 

"Welcome, Megumi!" She beams, ushering the awkward boy in. Megumi bowed his head, slowly taking off his shoes before he could enter.

"Sorry to intrude," Megumi mutters, his eyes sneaking glances around the home of his cousin. It was a small apartment but surprisingly looked rather nice in comparison to its outdoor look. He was tense to see many curses roaming throughout her neighborhood without being attacked by any of them.