do you like my stupid hair? (on our very first date)

A/N this is a looong one my children lol

But ok double spacing is time skips, title is from the cutest lyric from a blink-182 song 'First Date' and based from when Jake and Riki were strolling New York last year. (you might notice cause of the referenced clothes) I had to write this since i love this ship and i needed to take advantage of the fact that i used to live there 😭😭

Anyways, this one took me a lot so i hope you enjoy it! 😣❤❤

Ni-ki stuck his hand into the messy flatness his hair had become. He had no mirror to show him this, but he had his crush's expression to show him how bad it was.

And looking at Jake's face he could already tell it was awful. Terrible.

"Ni-ki, what're you doing? Leave your hair alone." Jake spoke up from the other side of the table.

And thank goodness for that, he'd be in an even worse predicament if the older was too close. His sweaty palms would make his hair look worse than it already was. It couldn't look any worse, really.

Still running his thin fingers through his highlights, he wondered how his hair hadn't gotten stiff. "I'm fixing it." He uttered but still believed it was worsening.

"Ni-ki, calm down. You look fine. Why are you so nervous for?" Jake's voice was a little too calm for his liking.

There was nothing wrong with him. He knew he looked fine. He always did, he wasn't nervous. He didn't get nervous. Not really. Not anymore.

Well he did feel awkward and too hot, but that was because it was cold outside so there had to be a heater inside the restaurant. But that was besides the point.

Why couldn't he lay his hair to the side--or as a matter a fact why doesn't he lie it down more flat so he could sell the silky straight look rather than voluptuous? He couldn't decide which one looked better, but he felt he couldn't look worse. But it'd look worse if he kept forcing his hand through the dark hair. Had he mentioned that he felt like he looked his worst?

Ok, maybe he was a little nervous.

But he couldn't help it, Jake looked like a dream, in only a pretty black 'Celine' crewneck and baggy blue jeans. He knew it was a simple outfit but for some reason no matter what Sim Jaeyun wore he always looked incredible. And even now he was wearing one of Riki's favorite colors.

Riki was a goner.

He couldn't even get started on how underdressed he felt against an outfit so simple. With a basic black button-up blouse that hung loose off his broad shoulders alongside a pair of equally loose jeans.

Gosh he couldn't compare to the older, not even close in visuals.

"Ni-ki, it's just me." Jake flashed that pretty smile at him and his heart sped up ten times harder.

"Yeah, sorry about that... my hair's just--nevermind, it's dumb. What were you gonna say?" Ni-ki bit his lip.

"Oh my gosh, Ni-ki, it's not. Tell me." The older urged.

"Does my stupid hair look better curled or straight?--see I told you it was dumb." He felt like he was ruining things and they'd kind of just started.

Jake smiled again. "It always looks good to me, I can't really pick." He shrugged.

Riki looked down at his plate, slicing the meat shyly. He should probably look for a topic to talk about, or maybe Jake would do that for him. No, he had to do things first. He told himself he would, so moving onto the next thing he remembered something he wanted to ask about.