Chapter 2

I step out the shower and fling on my towel, securing it with a knot.
As I step into my room, I feel a slight draft and turn to the window, unexpectedly laying on my bed was a long satin dress, red and laced with ribbon.
Sitting on my windowsill was a pair of ruby red heels and by my dresser was a golden chain and saffire earrings.

"What is going on?" I exclaim.

I walk over to my dresser, and there is a note. I opened it and peered into it's contents.

*Dear Lola,*

"Your eyes shine like the saffire earrings"
" Your skin so fare and smooth."
"Rosey cheeks that match you dress."
"Shoes only fit for a Queen"
"Chain made of gold like what you deserve"
"People should quake like the earth in your presence"

"I am looking forward to seeing you tonight at Nandos"

*-Love your one and only Charlie.*

Wow. I don't understand this feeling in my stomach, maybe I'm just hungry.
I fling on the lovely dress and fasten on the shoes, walking over to my dresser, gently putting on the chain and earrings.
On my way downstairs, I get a text message from an anonymous number.

"Don't go to the restaurant"

Don't go to the restaurant..? Did Charlie's phone die? Wait. They're typing again

"Just get as far away from the house as you can, take all your belongings"

What is going on? I don't understand why anyone would text me this.
I decided to brush it off and pack a bag of essentials, heading to Nandos to meet Charlie.

I walk down the stairs and open the front door before I feel someone grab my arm and it was my mother.
She pushes me against the door, slamming it shut and yells at me.

"Where are you going!?" she exclaims with the heavy stench of alchahol in her breath.

"Im going to meet Charlie at Nandos." I tell her calmly although I was petrified that she might decide to strike me.

"You LIAR!" She lifts her half empty bottle of alchahol in the air and I move before she smashes it against the door.

*Time skip*

Charlie was highly saddened that Lola had never showed to their meeting, but as he was, he expected the worst, so he headed over to Lola's house and sure enough, the door was open...