Chapter 9

After three hours of seeing what the training simulator had to offer, Ky was ready to head back to the dorm. Wiping the sweat from his brow and taking a resting outside of the room, he began inspecting the blade that he picked from the armory. 

Ky POV

Inspecting the blade I had selected from the armory, searching for anything special about the sword. While it was a fine blade that was light and balanced in a way that fit my fighting style, the core that resided in the hilt of the sword was far more interesting. 

The teal glow that it emitted indicated that it either held energy or was a source of energy itself. But there was no reaction from it during my duel with Kiana or my time within the simulations. Tracing my finger along the lines. I sent magical energy through the core in hopes of    finding out what was contained in the core. 

However, as soon as I did this the core reacted and a brilliant white light was emitted from the blade. Running my hand along the flat of the blade I was able to recognize the light as raw magical energy. The light soon dissipated as it seemed to return back the core. It seemed that the swords abilities would only activate when energy is channeled into its core. 

Heading over to one of the training dummies, I took an downward slice into the shoulder of the dummy as the blade went in close to the heart would be. Channeling energy into the core, I took another slice at the opposite shoulder and the blade went all the way through. Cutting the training dummy in half. 

"This could be useful." 

Waiting for the energy to disperse before sheathing the sword. The time that it took for  it disperse was most definitely longer this time than it was earlier. Most likely meaning the duration of the field is based around how much energy is channeled into the core. I don't think it would be that big of a stretch to say that the type of energy can affect the field as well. 

Disposing of the destroyed training I began heading back to the dorm. 

3rd Person POV

5 minutes later 

Entering the dorms Ky was able to smell that someone as cooking. Walking into the dining room and he was able to see Mei preparing lunch. Noticing that Ky had arrived, paused to address Ky, 

"You're back, lunch isn't ready yet and it'll take some time before it's finished." 

"That's fine, I was going to get changed and take a shower anyway." 

Heading to his room Ky got changed out of his uniform and entered the shower. Letting the hot water hit his back as he applied soap all over his body and to his hair. Washing the soap from himself, he got out of the shower and dried himself off with a towel. 

Putting on a fresh set of clothes, he exited his room and saw Bronya sitting on the couch playing a game on the console connected to the TV. Sitting down next to her Ky asked, 

"What are playing Bronya?" 

Focused on the game Bronya gave a simple answer, 

"Homu Gear Strive." 

Looking at the TV Ky was able to see an incredibly beautiful game in which two Homu's were fighting each other. 

"Do you enjoy playing it." 

"It is one of the Bronya's favorite games." 

The TV's speakers let out a, "SLASH," indicating that the match was over. Turning to Ky and holding out the controller to him Bronya said, 

"Would subject Ky like to play a round."

"I've never played this game before." 

"That is fine, the Bronya is willing to teach subject Ky."