Prologue

***********************************

Maddy Wilson was sitting on a log at a party in Outer Banks, Kildare county, North Carolina

Maddy Wilson was sitting on a log at a party in Outer Banks, Kildare county, North Carolina. She like many other teens around her were on vacation with their families. Apparently according to the girl her older brother Dylan was off somewhere with, this place was called the Boneyard. Whatever that means.
Maddy's other brother, her twin to be precise, Mason was off God knows where, with God knows who. That leaves Maddy alone. Sitting on a log, with a bunch of drunk strangers. That is until a pretty dirty blonde, almost brunette boy comes a sits beside the young girl.

"I have never seen you before. You new?" The mystery boy asked her. Maddy shook her head "No, well I guess so. I'm just visiting." She turned to look at the boy "I'm Maddy. Maddy Wilson" she said sticking her hand out to him. "Well Maddy, I'm Rafe Cameron. Would you like to dance?" The boy she now knows as Rafe asks. Before she could answer Rafe pulled Maddy to her feet.

And just like that, Maddy had the best night of her vacation. But will she come to regret this decision?

******************

Maddy awoke the next day in a unknown room. She felt a heavy weight across her middle. Suddenly the events of the night prior came rushing back. Carefully the girl slowly slipped out of the bed of the boy she met the night prior. Picked up her clothes, got dress and suck out of the house without being noticed.

Maddy arrived back to her hotel where she figured out quickly that her father and two brothers were still sound asleep. For the first time that morning, Maddy checked her phone. No miss calls or texts from her brothers. She figures they must have been to drunk to remember her last night.
But, there were 5 missed calls and 15 unread messages from her father. The messages were all basically the same "where are you?" "Get back now!" Etc.

Sighing, Maddy walked to her bed in the hotel and passes back out, knowing she would just have to be up in an hour for check out, to go back home to California.

*********************

It's been 2 months since the party at the boneyard. And Maddy as well as her small family have noticed some changes. This leads to the current conversation Maddy and her father are having.

"Daddy?" Maddy asks her father walking into the kitchen. Noah Wilson turns to look at his 15 almost 16 year old daughter. "Yes darling?" Maddy takes a breath. "I think I'm.... I think I'm pregnant." Noah stops. He feels like his soul has left his body. "Are you sure?" He asks his daughter. "I don't know. I haven't taken a test." So Noah tells his daughter that it will be alright. He gives her a hug and kisses her forehead, then leaves for the nearest drug store to get a pregnancy test.

When Noah arrives home, he hands his daughter the box. "Maddy, whatever the outcome may be, don't worry. I love you and will support you throughout the whole thing." Maddy nods at her father and walks into the bathroom.

10 minutes later, the timer beeps and the nervous brunette slowly walks over to the test. "Oh shit" are the only words that leave the girls mouth.

***************

It's been two more months since our young brunette found out about her pregnancy. The girl has been trying to find a way to reach out the the babies father and finally has found a way to contact him. Turns out her twin isn't as smart as he thinks and has had Rafes number the whole time.

"Hello" a gruff voice answers. "Hi is this Rafe Cameron?" Maddy asks in a shaky voice. "Yes it is. What do you want?" He replied. "Well I don't know if you remember me. But my name is Maddy Wilson. We met at a party about 4 months ago at the boneyard, I was on vacation?" She pauses. Waits for him to respond. "Oh yay. The cute brunette. You disappeared the next day. Never to be heard from again." Maddy chucked "well my vacation was over so I had to leave. Um anyway that's not why I'm calling. I have to tell you something." Rafe was confused. What did this girl that he hasn't seen in months want from him. "Rafe, I'm pregnant. And I am 100% sure that it's yours. You are the only person I have ever had sec with." Maddy blurted out. Rafe was shocked. "Um ok. What do you want me to do?"

"Honestly Rafe it is up to you." Maddy responded. "How about this? You live in a completely different state then me. This would never work and wouldn't be fair to the baby. So, I will send you a monthly allowance, let's call it. And you will never contact me again." With that Rafe hung up the phone, and was never heard of again except for his monthly checks in the mail, which were really from his dad, ward Cameron.

*****************

Now to present time, Maddy, her beautiful baby girl Haven, her father Noah, and two brothers Dylan and Mason, as well as their puppy Duke, are all getting ready to move. To where you may ask?

The one place that changed Maddy's life. The place that will change it for a second time.

The Outer Banks.