"You said we had to take this job." Rei said.

"We are a little short on funds." [Y/n] defended.

"Shove the excuses! You two think work's more important than our kid?!"

"Hey! I never said that!" [Y/n] yelled back.

"Damn it! My plan is screwed up again!" Kazuki ranted

"E-Excuse me..."

"Shut up!" Kazuki yelled.

"It's none of your business. Butt out." Rei said and shot the man.

"I guess we'd better pick her up." Kazuki said as they walked to the car.

"Here we come, Miri-chan!" [Y/n] cheered and hopped into the driver's seat. The two men buckled up and said a quick prayer. "Here we go!" [Y/n]'s foot slammed the gas.

Kazuki screamed in terror while [Y/n] giggled. She could remember the day that Miri came into their lives like it was yesterday. The ongoing adventure began last December, during a particular Christmas job...

Several Months Earlier...

[Y/n] waited outside of an apartment complex. She stared down at her call log while the information from the target's employee card synced from Kazuki's phone to hers. So many unanswered calls to her mother. [Y/n] hasn't been able to contact her mom in the past couple of months.

She was a bit worried, but there was nothing that [Y/n] could do. "Hellooo~ Earth to [Y/n]." Kazuki waved his hand in front of her face.

[Y/n] blinked a couple of times and noticed the data was complete. "Oh, sorry. I guess I was spaced out." She said with a small smile.

"If you're worried about Rei, don't. He's a grown ass man." Kazuki said and began walking away.

"I know that!" [Y/n] yelled, chasing after him.

"I still don't get what you see in him." Kazuki said.

"Leave my Rei alone. He's so handsome, sweet, muscular..." [Y/n] blushed while thinking of Rei and squealed, "He protects me with his life."

"You two aren't even a couple." Kazuki said as they walked into a store.

"We aren't a couple, YET." [Y/n] corrected, following him up and down isles.

"Okay, so he took a bullet for you. Big deal."

"Big deal? That's huge deal! AND it was more than once. Three times." [Y/n] said and sighed, dreamingly, "I know it's bad to mix work and a relationship, but I'll risk it for my Rei-chan."

"Psst, Rei-chan." Kazuki chuckled.

~~

Soon, the two made it home. "We're back!" Kazuki announced, and [Y/n] coughed. They were greeted by a smoke-filled apartment with empty take-out containers everywhere, half drunken cola bottles, open bags of chips, and Rei sitting in the middle of the couch and mess, playing a video game.

Kazuki sighed, "That's your man?"

[Y/n] laughed nervously, "He's mine."

Kazuki opened the patio door to let the smoke out. "It's cold." Rei muttered.

"I made you dinner and left it in the fridge. Why didn't you eat it?"

[Y/n] began gathering the trash that was scattered everywhere. "It was cold." Rei said.

"We have a microwave, Rei." [Y/n] said with a sigh.

"We bought some tasty as hell mentaiko. But you're a tarako man, are you?" Kazuki questioned.