I'm terribly sorry for the unexpected hiatus. This is mostly filler for the plot, but hopefully it'll be filling enough as I plan to move further forward in the next chapter.

~~~~~~~

Recovery Girl shooed my classmates out of the room a few minutes ago. The girls each made a point to give me hugs and words of encouragement before they left. A few of the guys gave words of advice, most of which weren't all that helpful, but it's the thought that counts. Kota had come up closer to whisper to me, "Thank you for being bold. You've motivated me to become stronger, too." It was very moving, and I believe it made me realize just how much of an impact we have on those around us. I need to make sure I keep that in mind in the future.

Denki and Mina both made sure I knew they were sorry, they wouldn't leave until I said I forgive them, despite me making it clear that I didn't blame them for anything.

Ida has stayed behind. He's been quiet for a little while.

"Are you okay...?" I ask, my voice sounding a little more cautious than I'd like it to.

He doesn't say anything for a moment as his eyes find mine, searching for something, "I'm... yes. For the most part, I am. I planned on telling you that you can always come to me, or rather, that you should always come to me whenever there's something going on, but now that I'm standing here saying it – it feels like I'm spatting empty words." Ida's hands are tense at his sides, as though posture is his biggest concern.

I tilt my head, confused, "Empty words?" I repeat.

His red eyes glance towards the right of him, then the floor, "I hope you don't assume that I don't mean what I say." Ida probes, looking at me.

"I never once thought that. I believe you're a man of your word. You've proven that much." I reassure, trying to sound convincing. Ida's very much a man of his word, and not only that, but he has a heart for his classmates and is constantly keeping an eye out for us, mostly to keep us in check, but still.

Ida looks at me fondly, a glimmer of certainty in his eyes, "Thank you. Though, I feel the need to remind you that I want to be there for you. I know this incident seemed like nothing major, but seeing how it turned out, I would like for you to always alert me when you're going anywhere outside of this campus; especially alone. I plan on having a discussion with the rest of our classmates. I just... wanted you to be aware that I care about you. Truly."

A heartfelt grin makes its way on my face, "Thank you, Ida. I care about you, too." I watch as Ida's lips form a smile, "Truly." I add, snickering a little.

His smile only gets bigger, "Thank you. I assure you I will not let you down again in the future." Ida says, bowing respectfully.

"You didn't let me down," I inform, "Not once. I hope you know this isn't your fault, either, Ida."

Ida looks up at me, his eyes full of a curious realization. He says nothing and straightens up, nods slowly in understanding as he ponders at the floor, then looks at me with such genuine warmth it makes my heart flip. "Thank you." He whispers, heading out the door with thoughtful steps.

The door clicks shut, and I listen as his footsteps fade into silence.

"I'm almost grateful for all this," Recovery Girl says, turning to look at me.

"Really?"

"Almost." She reinstates, a stern look in her face, "As much as you've opened the door for your classmates to learn and grow, not only as individuals but together, you've also damaged yourself. This is a setback for you, but it also holds opportunities."