➥▮『ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟸𝟸』▯

Start from the beginning

You observed them intently, your hands calmly resting on your lap while your silver-gray eyes grew darker with the tumultuous thoughts racing through your mind.

As she gazed upon her arms, a purplish-blue mark began to emerge, seemingly hiding in the shadows of her room. She crouched there, almost as if she were playing a game of hide-and-seek, all the while grinning mischievously at herself. Ever since that fateful incident, which occurred during her middle school years, it has become a regular habit for her.

She had always been afraid of touch. The thought of someone's skin brushing against hers made her shudder. It wasn't just the physical sensation that frightened her, but the emotional weight that came with it. The vulnerability of being touched, of allowing someone to get close enough to feel her skin, was too much to bear. She had built walls around herself, layers of protection that kept others at a safe distance. But sometimes, in the quiet moments when she was alone, she longed for the warmth of another person's touch. She yearned for the connection that came with physical intimacy, but the fear was too great. So she remained alone, trapped in her own fear of touch.

She conceals her fears, for she recalls every instance of Haruna's taunts. As she stepped into the facade reality, she summoned all her courage to overcome her fear. The new acquaintances she made there gave her a glimmer of hope. Alas, her respite was short-lived as her memories began to haunt her once again.

"Go without me, save mom." The incessant repetition of those phrases tormented her mind, haunting her with guilt day after day. She had constructed a world that brought her fleeting happiness, but now she couldn't escape the weight of her actions.

Nozomi Yukio's lips curved into a gentle smile as he caressed his little sister's cheek, savoring the warmth of her skin against his fingertips. Little did he know that this would be the final time he would ever lay a hand on her.

Before,

He died.

As you gaze upon the table, your eyes fixate on a glass brimming with a delectable treat-a mound of creamy, frozen goodness nestled amidst a sea of ice. The tasty dessert presented before you was a cup of creamy cookies and cream, adorned with petite cookies delicately placed atop its surface. To enhance the already irresistible flavor, a drizzle of rich chocolate syrup was added, completing the indulgent treat. The scene before you was truly remarkable. You delicately scoop a portion of the substance and place it in your mouth. As the confectionery touched your tongue, a burst of flavor erupted, surpassing any expectation-never in your life did you think that anime dessert would be so magnificent-it was a truly magnificent experience, one that left you in awe of the delectable creation before you. The flavor was unfamiliar, unlike any ice cream you had ever tasted before, despite your years of indulging in the frozen treat.

As the icy morsels lured your taste buds, your mind drifted away from the troubles that had been weighing on you. For a brief moment, you were able to escape the shackles of your anxieties and immerse yourself in the simple pleasure of savoring each bite. However, unbeknownst to you, a pair of curious onlookers had taken notice of your presence and were now fixated on your every move.

As you feel staring upon you, you slowly turn your head to meet their eyes. "Hm?" you inquire, curious about their intent.

Kazemaru's aquamarine locks cascaded down his back, a vibrant hue that caught the eye and held it captive. With a grin that lit up his features, he shattered the stillness that had settled over the room. "Nozomi-san, you performed admirably,"

"Congratulations, Nozomi-san and," he said, trailing off as he looked over at her with a smile. As his gaze drifted downwards, he caught sight of Asuto, who seemed to have a firm grasp on the task at hand. With a confident tone, the young man introduced himself, "Asuto."