Freckles (Short Story)

A/N This is my newest story and somehow my most popular one rn??

Kinda based on Jump the Fall by Taylor Swift and Jake's freckles irl that i remembered he had like last minute. They are so pretty, anyways enjoy the story!

It was lovely evening, one of kicking back in the living area's most comfortable seats in the room while relaxing.

That, or lounging, by resting your head on your boyfriend's lap while playing games on your phone could count.

Whatever you defined 'relaxing in a comfortable seat' as, counted.

For Jake, it was moreso leaning into the cuddle-loving boy. But said cuddle-loving boy seemed to have a dire need to touch his hair.

That was the only way he could explain their position now.

That and the fact that Jake was too comfortable and too invested in his game to move. He was so close to winning too. Aside from those very valid points, Jake could admit that if felt nice to have such slender warm fingers card through his hair. His scalp suddenly felt lighter.

Ni-ki on the other hand took advantage of all the access he got. He was able to do what he wanted with Jake before Jay walked in again complaining.

("When we said you guys could hangout together we meant for the two of you to sit normally.") He'd probably question how they even fit in one love seat in the first place too. He was always telling them to refrain from 'PDA' which was already an exaggeration as Ni-ki and Jake hadn't even kissed yet. Jake used to have a theory that Jay was homophobic, but Ni-ki just thought that he was an anti-romantic.

On another note, it was one of the very few days Ni-ki could actually just feel at ease and admire his boyfriend.

Ni-ki was a natural admirer. Whatever sparkled he had to stare at, and that was something he'd never be ashamed of. Apperently now, whatever was speckled caught his attention too, as his dark eyes wandered his boyfriend's chestnut brown flecked cheeks.

He then wondered how in the hell had he missed this?

"Jake-hyung!" He leaned forward after startling said older male.

"What, Ni-ki? You almost messed me up." Jake readjusted his position, still facing his phone.

"You have freckles?!" As he noticed exclaiming didn't get him anywhere, he got straight to the point.

Finally pausing his game, Jake looked up, if there was ever a proper display of humorous deadpanning it'd be this. "Obviously, dumbass." He rolled his eyes at the younger.

Ni-ki couldn't be bothered by the sarcastic response nor the sassy delivery. He was still too stuck on the fact that he hadn't known.

"How come I've never seen them then? I didn't know about them till now..." Ni-ki trailed off, a bit of a sad tone when it came things like this.

He felt like there maybe other things he might've missed that have been under his nose. Sure those things didn't matter to Jake since the elder appreciated everything about him, but it mattered to Ni-ki. He always knew all there was to know about those he admired. Without fail he did, not knowing felt wrong and out of place for him. And the only difference in between dating Jake and being a fanboy was that he got to interact with the older everyday.

Yes, perhaps he was idolizing his boyfriend a tad too much, but to be fair he was still starstuck that the older even gave him a chance.

"Because, I'm always wearing loads of make-up. Did you forget we're idols, or?" Jake spoke from his spot, presumably having paused the game he gazed up. His dark brown orbs silently taunting him.

He did have a very good point, his shoulders finally relaxed. He did feel like he was missing out, but that was besides the point.

"Even then, I don't know how I missed them, I mean you have so many." Under close inspection near the beaming sun coming through the poorly working shade producing light through the floor, all the freckles sprinkled across his face were a multitude.

"Yeah-- I mean I guess." Jake shrugged, squirming under the attention while still trying to focus on the game.

"I don't mean that in a bad way. I mean I'm probably last to know too."

"You're actually the first."

The younger wore a joyful look that put all his teeth on display from the wide smile. "Really?!"

"No." Jake sniggered, loving to bother his boyfriend.

"Why would you lie?" Ni-ki whined, scrunching his hands into the elder's hair, but never yanking at it. Jake laughed before pulling at the rather long fingers.

"Because you always get this stupidly happy smile on your face when I do, you dork!" That, and he found it downright adorable when Ni-ki would smile before dropping his duck lips into a cute little pout.

Jake reached over to bunch up just some of Ni-ki's many silky strands, before rubbing roughly. The younger shook off his hold before pushing him off, now a messy-haired look on him, Jaeyun chuckled at his attempt to make the other smile again. He had failed though, as Ni-ki looked the same.

The two of them always play-fought. It was kind of their thing. So Jake didn't mind the younger's rugged nature, it was always still playful in a sense.

"Whatever, who was the first?" Ni-ki questioned, with an irked eyebrow raise.

"Sunghoon, he actually knows a lot about me already so it makes sen-"

"Ok, ok I get it. You're not making me feel better." His arms crossed, and his gaze having left him.

"Pfft- I'm sorry." Jake pondered for a moment. "How could I make it up to you?" He stuck out his lower lip, feigning an apologetic look.

"Lemme kiss every single one of them." A proud smile etched on Ni-ki's face as he saw patches of coral red cover his boyfriend's cheeks.

The older male's surge of confidence was gone, as he covered his burning face with his phone as best he could, before exclaiming in a cracked voice, "Why're you so weird?!"

"Aww, is that a no-go?" A smug grin settled in, as he ran a hand through Jake's hair gently.

"D-definitely not!" Jake's ears were heating up, unbearably so.

Oh well, maybe another day.