"I wonder if they'll ever accept my rule about using my name," he wondered aloud, watching as Hermione seemed to be content with curling up in his lap, Padfoot now lying down at his master's feet.

"Give them time Harry," Dan suggested, "They've been raised and bred to act as servants: changing their nature isn't going to happen overnight: anyway, Emma and I have some news of our own."

"What's that?" asked Harry, looking to his guardian.

"When you and Hermione were resting," Emma told him, "We went with Felicia and Tyler into the Mystic Lands and were able to get our hands on some finery and custom-made robes so that we would avoid any more encounters like what happened in customs."

"All right," Harry grinned, "Did the warriors get the crest we needed?"

"They did," Dan explained, "And the crests were in the same place as Mr Weasley: we know that Hermione's will be at her left shoulder just like yours is on the right, but I just want you to know that, for the first time since I met you Harry, I actually understand the effort you've made for our sake. Thanks son."

With a yawn, Harry stood up, walked over to Dan, lowered himself down and whispered three words in the man's ear, a look of shock and pure delight appearing on Dan's face as the Holy Knight then led his girlfriend out of the living room and off up to their bedroom.

Back in the lounge, Emma asked, "What did he say?"

Looking to his wife, Dan smiled as he replied, "No problem Dad."

Emma had tears in her eyes as she looked to where Harry and Hermione had left the room, her voice almost failing her as she asked, "Dan…do you think…he's…"

"He's himself again," Dan nodded, "We were the ones to write the address in his card and now, between you and me dear, I think he's finally accepting his place as a member of our family."

Emma nodded in agreement with her husband, her eyes still filled with tears as to the maturity and calm demeanour of the smart, influential young man that, officially, she could now think of as the son she always wanted.

HPHG

'Why did you do that Harry?' Hermione asked through the bond, her lithe form curled up on their bed while Harry was busy in the bathroom. 'You know how Mum will react when he tells her.'

'Hermione,' Harry replied, the Holy Knight of Ocean picking up a strong feeling of praise and finality from her boyfriend. 'Dan and Emma have wanted to hear those words leave my lips for a while now: why do you think they wrote son in my card or even bothered to accept me so easily? Besides,' his train of thoughts came to an end as he emerged from the bathroom, wearing only a set of pyjama trousers, exposing his athletically-changed frame.

As he curled up in his bed with the girl of his dreams, Harry spoke his thoughts out loud, "If I can do one thing to make Emma smile, it's starting to think of her as my Mum: if my real Mum was alive and she saw me now, she'd probably say the same thing."

"I guess so," Hermione sighed, allowing herself to be consumed by her boyfriend's embrace, "I guess I was just worried about how they'd take it."

"Well," laughed Harry, "Judging by the fact that they're not trying to break down our door, I'd say that they're taking it pretty well: if you want me to continue calling them Dan and Emma 'Mione, then all you have to do is say so."

"No," Hermione smiled, taking her favourite place on her boyfriend's chest, "I'd say that what you did was exactly the right thing to do: I love you Harry Potter."

"And I love you too Mione," Harry remarked, placing a soft kiss on her forehead as the woven blankets of sleep began to cover them, drawing them into the land of dreams and desires.