The first crack

Začít od začátku

"Repeating myself is hardly something that I would enjoy. So pay attention, ANHS. First, I will be posing a single question, the answer of which anyone may give but remember, a wrong answer...hmm...Why don't I demonstrate? Bring out subject 028"

A boy no older than 10 was bought out of the backstage by a man dressed head to toe in military-grade armour. A man in a black suit then walked out smiling to the audience as he did a bow, everyone's breath was at a standstill. Interestingly even the prominent figures such as Sakayanagi and Ryueen were completely silent, while not scared, were definitely having their curiosity tested.

"As you can see, the punishment of failing to answer correctly will end in....."

The end of the man's knee was driven up to the child's face as it stopped millimetres away from his chin. The single action took less than a second, which was definitely not something normally possible without extreme training. This man, was somehow unique and borderline paranormal if I had to put it. The boy seemed unfazed by it as he silently looked down, as if he was used to this on a daily basis.

"NO PLEASE DON'T!" Ichinose seemed to have broken out of her fear as she shouted loud enough for the entire auditorium to turn their faces to, "JUST...DON'T...HURT...HIM...W-where is the...."

"I wouldn't do that...Ichinose Honami, Class B, leader of what's good and what's not. If you are wondering where the so-called Law enforcement or the higher authorities are, please don't pester your meaningless brains with those thoughts."His voice was sharp and direct as he sat down on the floor staring at the crowd and said, "Here is the clip voicing the question do listen carefully, remember a wrong answer, equals....Hah~enjoy and also...not a word until I allow you all to speak."

His voice ended in a sinister chuckle as the video started playing on the top screen, it was a line of black text which transitioned to a scenery outside a bus which was voiced over....

By me....

What?

============================

Equality is a hindrance and equity is idealistic, what remains is a meritocracy.

We are not equal, nor are we clear about anything. At this moment I could have a million dollars raining from the sky or lose my life by getting in an accident and dying in the bus driving to my desired destination

ANHS, the school of elites

On further thought, both this school and death, do clear the boxes that define freedom from my past. So I suppose it wouldn't be too bad. The unpredictability of life is such a fickle thing that is whimsical and fantastical in nature.