PLAN THE JOURNEY WELL IN ADVANCE FROM RISHIKESH TO KEDARNATH

by road is around 225 km, and it takes approximately 9-10 hours to cover the distance, depending on the traffic and weather conditions.

Road transport: A package may include a private car or bus , the base camp of Kedarnath. From Gaurikund, the pilgrims have to trek around 16 km to reach Kedarnath.

Route: is via Rudraprayag, Guptkashi, and Sonprayag. The road is well-maintained, but there are many narrow stretches, hairpin bends, and steep inclines that require careful driving.

Helicopter transport: Many packages include helicopter rides or Phata helipad, which is about 10 km from Kedarnath. This option is ideal for those who want to avoid the arduous trek and save time.

Pony rides: Packages may include pony rides for a comfortable journey from Gaurikund to Kedarnath. However, this option is not recommended for those who are afraid of heights or have back problems.

Palanquins: Palanquins, or doli, are another traditional mode of transportation in the hilly terrain of Kedarnath. Pilgrims are carried in a seated position by porters on their shoulders. This option is suitable for those who cannot trek and want to enjoy the scenic beauty of Kedarnath.

Customizable transportation: Some may offer customizable packages that allow pilgrims to choose their preferred mode of transportation according to their comfort and convenience.

When choosing a transportation option, it is essential to consider factors such as cost, time, physical ability, and personal preference. It is also important to check the safety record and the experience of the travel agency in providing transportation service