The woman remained quiet at the smaller creature's words. Her eyes cast to the floor, taking a side step to let Bilbo pass. The hobbit, however, stood still, realization of his words sinking in. "I'm sorry." He offered. "You can come with me. Maybe I can find you a home."

"I won't." Raewyn admitted. "I've known that for a long time now."

The ranger looked at the hobbit, waving her hand to usher him to continue walking. "You can ask Elrond to find elves who will keep you safe on the road home. You can trust his counsel." She advised.

"Raewyn, I'm sorry." Bilbo tried again, but the woman ignored him. Her eyes had been focused on the knife he had been carrying since the troll hoard. Instead of its usual grey, blunt look, it now appeared bright blue, shining as if it held its own light. Bilbo followed her gaze, his eyes widening at the sight.

Raewyn immediately knew what was happening.

Before she could stop herself, she ran to the bag she threw down between Fili and Kili, using it to kick them awake. A strange, mechanical creaking was suddenly heard throughout the cave, alerting Thorin, who shot up.

"Wake up. Wake up!" He exclaimed. The dwarves all muttured groggily, not content with the rude awakening. However, before any of them could question it, the ground disappeared under them. Raewyn tried to push Bilbo away, but her attempt was fruitless. The company of fifteen went sailing down a chute.

Multiple shouts and protests were heard, the wall bumping into the company's arms continuously. Raewyn's back made contact with the hard rocks on the sides, scraping her already exsistent bruises and wounds. She hissed at the feeling, clenching her fists together in order to remain silent. Again, she tried to reach Bilbo, but was interrupted halfway as one of the dwarves bumped into her again.

After a while, the company finally collided with the floor, the dwarves piling up in one big heap. Raewyn pushed Nori off of her, who had been the last to end up on the pile. The woman quickly stood up, her hand reaching for the bead intwined in her hair, making sure it had still been in place.

From a distance, she could see smaller creatures nearing; their back crooked and their steps uneven. Their wretched laughs echoes through the cave as their eyes seemed to study the company's every movement. Raewyn had crossed paths with them on multiple occasions, none of them pleasant. Goblins; annoying and cruel beings, with no sense of intelligence nor compassion. There was no reasoning with them, there was barely any chance of coming back alive. Thankfully, Raewyn knew how to fight, unlike many others that had crossed these paths too. She grasped her sword quicker than she had done before, her eyes looking for the hobbit, who was undoubtly still under the pile of dwarves.

"Mahihbir!" The woman warned quickly, nudging one of the nearby dwarves with the hilt of her sword, but it had been futile.

The dangerous creatures had already come within arms reach, forming a circle around the company, barely giving them time to reach for their weapons. Pointy sticks and ragged daggers were shoved their way, nicking a couple dwarves, delivering a blow to Raewyn's arm too, though she barely felt it, the leather of her armor not breaking under the dangerous touch. In response, Raewyn swiftly swung her sword towards the goblin, seperating its head from its body before anyone could even realize it. When the goblins around him heard the head hit the floor, the simultaneously turned to the woman, now aiming all weapons at her.

A loud banging of drums was suddenly heard as some sort of music had come playing. Out of her eye of sight, Kili had made his way towards Raewyn, grabbing the back of her armor around her neck, yanking her back, his other hand already extended to Raewyn's swinging arm, with which she was surely going to try and hit him.