Chapter Seven: He was First, and So am I.

Hey readers, are you guys happy that we now have the other half of the Casey Family in Hawaii? Let me know what you guys think in the comments. Now, I haven't yet decided how I plan on balancing the whole Hospital vs Halstead time stuff; nor have I figured out whether I'm going to do independent Casey stuff (Nancy, Christie and Violet) at the house. So, I've got to figure that out yet; but if you guys have any requests in that area, then I would love to know what you guys think so that I can give you guys what you want. Send me messages or write me in the comments. But right now, I'm going to the hospital.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

She made a point to get out of the house, and the boys to school early this morning; after all, she wanted to get to the hospital before other people had a chance to get there. After all, she clearly remembered that Gabby's brother was going to pick up Matt's family at the airport; also, Jay said that he was going to pick up his brothers. So, that left her alone at the office (other than Kelly and Stella) with nothing to do (as her boys were at school). So, she decided to take this chance that she had to try and be one of the first people (other than their parents) to meet the newest members of her (extended) family; her honorary nephews Jacob and Matteo. At least, that was what she was going to consider the Casey twins; after all, her late husband (Andy) always saw Matt as a brother. Therefore, that meant that she saw him as a brother-in-law, along with being the godfather to her sons; but he was now a father, which is a title she knows Matt craved for a long time.

So, she was really hoping that she could be the first of their friends to see him in that new role; and lucky for her, there was a nurse at the desk in the maternity ward. "Good morning." Looking up, the nurse smiled at the sight of one of the first guests to the maternity ward today. "Good morning. Let me guess, a friend of yours gave birth?" Heather laughed as she heard the nurse ask her that. "Yes. My name is Heather Darden, and I am actually looking for the Casey Hospital Suite." The nurse then proceeded to look up the room on the computer, before noticing that there was a password required for entry. "Password?" Heather was confused when she heard the nurse say that there was a password. "What?" The nurse looked at the woman as she stood there, before proceeding to explain what she meant. "Mr. Casey is in the VIP Suite. If you don't have a password, then you can't get in." Heather took a breath, starting to think of possible passwords.

"Okay, I'm going to say this on a whim. Is the password Andy?" The nurse then proceeded to grab the phone in front of her, clearly concerned for her patients. Seeing her do just that, Heather got scared. "Please, just wait. Give me a second." Going to grab her own phone, Heather sighed as she proceeded to find Matt's contact in her phone so that she could call him; maybe then, she could be let into the hospital room. Putting her phone up to her ear, Heather took a breath as she was nervous; however, her nervousness soon turned into relief when Matt answered the call. "Hey, morning..." Heather then got right to it. "You put a password on your hospital suite?" Matt sighed as he heard Heather say that, before deciding to ask her to speak to the nurse. "Here, can you put me on speakerphone? God, I thought I already dealt with this." Heather agreed with her son's godfather, proceeding to put her phone on speakerphone so that he can speak to the nurse.

"Good morning, which nurse am I speaking to this morning?" Speaking up, the nurse was a bit nervous. "Good morning Mr. Casey, this is Nurse Adams." Matt sighed. "Nurse Adams, this is my late best friend's widow. The password is Andy? That was her late husband's name. Please allow her to come into the suite. Also, I said that the passcode was only to be used at night!" Nurse Adams agreed with the new father. "My apologies Mr. Casey." Matt agreed with her as she said that. "We will speak when you're in our suite later. Please bring Ms. Darden. Also, I just got a text from my brother-in-law Antonio. Himself, my mother-in-law Camila, my sister Christie, and my niece Violet along with our friends Jay and Alex are on their way. Possibly also my friends Will and Natalie. Please allow them into my suite." Nurse Adams agreed with Matt. "Of course, Mr. Casey." Heather then went to speak to Matt. "Thanks Matt." Matt agreed with Heather this morning, sorry as well.