TWO: The Island of Parrots

Start from the beginning

They looked over to the island to see no greenery anywhere. They couldn't even spot one tree. "Woah! I've got more green between my seventh and eighth toe." Woody said and the class looked at him disgusted before they backed away from him again

☆☆☆

The class walked onto the island and stopped in front of a few shops. "Now the reason this island is a popular tourist destination... or was." Miss Tutweiller said as she looked around and saw that it was only them in the area. "Is because of the rare parrot species, Poicephalus insulus," she started.

"Which was not indigenous to these islands." Cody said and Bailey nodded. "It was introduced to this habitat by explorers on their back from the new world." She added.

"Cody, Bailey, you're teaching my class. Again." Miss Tutweiller smiled awkwardly.  "My point is, that this parrot is best known for its beautiful plumage and mating call. Now that we're ashore, we operate on the buddy system, so choose your partner." Miss Tutweiller said to the class.

Flora stood looking at some of the items one of the shops had when Zack came beside her. "You wanna be my partner?" He asked and Flora looked down at him and smiled softly. "Sure." She said quietly.

Zack smiled back. Cody came over and started talking to Zack. Flora took one of her pens out of her pocket and her notebook. Zack walked back over to Flora as she scribbled on the paper of her notebook. "Wow, you are an incredible artist." He said and she looked at him and shrugged. "I was just trying to get my pen to work." She smiled softly.

"I meant those." Zack said as he pointed to little doodles of flowers and butterflies. Flora looked down at the doodles and shrugged. "They're nothing special, just little doodles I do when I'm bored." She said quietly.

"They're still amazing." Zack smiled and Flora smiled back softly. "Thanks."

Cody then walked over. "I thought you said you had to go the the bathroom?" Zack asked Cody who nodded. "I did, but it was only half a coconut." Cody said as Woody walked over with a newspaper.

"It's actually more comfortable than you'd think. And those two-ply palm leaves, surprisingly soft." Woody said and the group of three looked at him weirdly.

A pig came out from behind a potted plant and Bailey gasped. "Look! Where did that little piggy come from?" She asked as she looked at the pig with a smile.

"That's what the doctor said when he saw my extra toe." Woody said and Flora looked at him weirdly before she stood a step away from him.

Bailey then started speaking to the pig, and it ended with her using a rope she found as a leash. "He's so sweet. He reminds of my," she started.

"Breakfast?" Zack asked as Cody asked, "football?"

"No! He reminds me of my pet pig from back on the farm." Bailey said. "Sir Snortalot and I were best friends. Then one day, I woke up and he wasn't there anymore. I was really worried but Mama told me he moved to the big city." She explained and the other looked at each other, knowing exactly what happed to Sir Snortalot.

"I'm gonna call you Porkers. Do you like that name?" Bailey asked the pig. Miss Tutweiller than came over. "Mr Moseby is still not back with London and the boat leaves in an hour. I'm gonna go find them." She said before she left again.