Chapter 4: The Talk

I was surrounded by white and my mind completely blank.

    'Where am I? How'd I get here?'

     Many thoughts swirled in my head as I began to panic.

    ' Am I dead? How did I die?'

     My mind was on overdrive. My head felt as if it were exploding. I was thinking too much. I need to calm down. Wait, how was I getting a headache and having a panic attack if I was dead?

     Soon a glowing figure came up to me. I couldn't quite make out a face but I knew that they were not here to harm me. A wave of calm washed over me as they began to speak.

     "You are not dead, child," A soft voice called out to me.

     "Then where am I," I asked, trying not to panic again.

     "You will learn soon enough but for now you must see someone, come." The figure took my hand and I felt my soul transfer somewhere new. As I looked around the new place I realised that we were in a cave lined with greenery and many natural windows showcasing the sky.

     "Took you long enough." Immediately knowing that voice I turned around and crashed into them with a great big hug.

     "I missed you too, kid," I sniffled as I pulled away to a face I never thought I would see again. Grace.

     "H-how?" I asked, stuttering.

     "You're special, really really special, Izzka," Grace said, smiling down at me.

     "How am I special? I'm just a freak." I said, looking down.

     "You are not a freak, Izzka. You're more important than you know." I just looked at her confused.

     "How? Please tell me, because I am at a loss." I am practically begging her at this point.

     "You will learn soon enough," She said, hugging me again.

     "You're the second person to tell me that." She then pulled away looking shocked.

     "You saw her?" Now I'm confused again.

     "Her?"

     "Eywa." I gasped. That's who I saw earlier?!

     I then felt a pull. It was my soul trying to reunite with my body. But I didn't want to leave. I couldn't, not now.

     "It's time for you to return, you will be back I promise," Grace said, looking sad.

     "But I don't want to go!"

    "Protect the people!" She then started to fade away.

    "No, no, no!" I wanted to stay.

     "Tell Jake he's still a Jarhead. And kick his butt for me, will ya?" That's the last thing she told me before everything around me blurred.

     I jerked awake, sweating and breathing hard. Then I took a moment to look around me. That's when I noticed the familiar group that surrounded me. Tsu'tey was one of them. He had his hand placed on my cheek in comfort. Feeling slightly embarrassed I moved away from his touch, instantly wanting it back on me.

     "Sorry," I whispered.

     "No need to be, Iz." I shied away even more after hearing the nickname.

     "What happened?" Jake asked, concerned.

     "I was in the land of Eywa. Not literally, just visiting." They all now looked shocked.

     I then looked at Tsu'tey. We instantly locked eyes and I found that the longer I looked into his sun-like eyes I was losing myself in them. I pulled away from his gaze and cleared my throat awkwardly.

     "Hey Jake, I was asked a favour," He now looked confused, yet curious.

     "Yeah? What was it?" He said, raising an eyebrow.

     "You're still a Jarhead," I said, giggling a bit. I didn't know what it meant but it sounded funny.

     "Wait, where'd you hear that?"

     "Grace," I said, smiling sadly.

     "But she's..." Jake said, trying to hide his emotions.

     "She is. But Eywa let me visit her," I said, happily. Even though it was a short amount of time I was happy that I got to see her at all.

     "You saw her?" Neytiri asked in awe.

     "Well, not exactly. She was more of a glowing figure," I said, nodding.

     "Well, Neytiri and I must go get some preparations finished. It's my birthday in a few days," I smiled and nodded even though I was confused.

     "Tsu'tey, keep an eye on her today, ok?" He nodded and sat beside me on my nivi. I blushed as he brushed his hand against mine.

     All I could think about was the kiss that we shared. And how he makes me feel.

     "Are you feeling alright?" He said turning to me and tucking some fallen hair behind my ear.

     "Yes," I mumbled.

     "That didn't sound very convincing," He said with a light chuckle.

     "Well, maybe you're right. Maybe I'm not okay," I said looking down at my hands as if they were the most interesting thing.

     "You should get some rest if you want to start training."

     "Really!" Well, now I'm too excited to sleep.

     "Yes, now sleep," He said, chuckling.

     "Wait, one more thing." What Jake said earlier still had me confused.

     "Sure, what is it?" He said, tilting his head. 'Aw, he's like a baby Nantang.'

     "What did Jake mean by 'birthday'?" He now has a sad look on his face. Did I say something wrong?

     "A birthday is when you celebrate the day you were born. Though Jake's will be a bit different. He's going through a ceremony where his soul goes from his Sky body into his Na'vi one, permanently." I nod along, trying to store the information.

     "That's so cool!" I say, laughing. He then joins.

     "What's so funny?"

     "Nothing. You're the most enthusiastic person I've ever met." This made me smile.

     "But you should sleep now." Aw, bummer.

     "If you insist."

     "Yes I do," He said, smiling.

     'I love that smile'

     That's the last thing I thought before drifting back to sleep.

(A/N): So sorry for the late update, college is really tough rn.