"I have a human being you might help," He says and Sarah turns to her.

What they say after that is unintelligible since I decide to give them their space to have their conversation. Sarah runs back over to me and I raise an eyebrow in question. She shakes her head and mouths later, promising a conversation in private. 

"Maybe we should give it a break with the birds," I suggest, gesturing to head inside. "We don't know if they die if we don't see anything." She nods her head slowly and frowns at the birds.

"Yeah? Let's go." I saw and toss my arm over her shoulder. Sarah's house is huge. The Camerons are Kook Kook. Like real Kook. I'd say my family is in the middle, but I'm over here just as much as Sarah is, so their house is like my house. 

As we are walking in from the backyard, we run into my boyfriend. "Hey, babe," I say, with scrunched eyebrows. I'm skeptical of his frustrated look on his face and approach him like a stray dog. He barely acknowledges my greeting. He grunts and gives me a quick kiss and walks away, probably looking for his father. I look toward Sarah and roll my eyes. 

"Sorry that my brother is a total ass," she says, flipping him her middle finger as he walks away. I shrug my shoulders and we head upstairs to Sarah's room. The generators powered up while we were outside, so Sarah is set on getting the TV to work. 

                                                                             ●~●~●~●~●~

"Boo," Topper says from Sarah's doorway. "Are you going to the kegger?"

"Of course, why not throw a kegger literally right after there was a hurricane? Not like people's houses are destroyed or anything," Sarah says, hopping up from her bed and going over to Topper. He wraps an arm around her head, pulling her to him. I watch with a smile as he plops a kiss on her forehead and Sarah's mood brightens up. 

"Yes, we will be there. Is Rafe going?" I ask, automatically heading toward Sarah's closet. 

"Uh no. Said he's busy. Sorry," he says awkwardly and I shrug. 

"No biggie," I saw and click my teeth while digging through Sarah's closet. I throw a dress out for her on the bed and grab a white top and blue shorts for me to wear. "Let us go!" I say, shoving Topper out the door so we can get dressed. He chuckles and closes the door behind him.

                                                                             ●~●~●~●~●~

You can't understand the Outerbanks without understanding the boneyard. It's kinda like a three-layer burrito. There's the Pogues. The working class groups. Then the Kooks, the rich kids that go to fancy boarding schools. And then the Tourons. Totally clueless. Here for a week on vacation with their families. I don't care about the whole Kook vs Pogue scenario. It's just a bunch of bogus. But Topper and Rafe? Total anti-Pogue. They practically think they were bred to mow lawns and aren't human beings trying to make a living. 

"I can get us drinks if y'all want?" I call to Sarah who is climbed to the top of a lifeguard seat and is looking at everything. She has a huge smile on her face and Topper is looking at her like he's in love. I feel bad for him honestly. I know Sarah bails on people a lot. She punishes herself. She tried bailing on me a few times but she was stuck with me. Kinda like the annoying plants that are in grass that stick to your clothes, and then to your finger when you try to get them off. And then when you finally get them off, it's like 3 more appear. Yeah, that's me.  I wouldn't let her run. 

"Fancy a drink?" a blonde boy says in a mock British accent. He's wearing a grey sleeveless shirt and has a brown backpack thrown across his back. A boy beside him, with brown hair and a bandana tied around his neck, smacks the blondie's chest and furrows his eyebrows.