P | How it all started

(n/a: read the warnings in the description before proceeding

(n/a: read the warnings in the description before proceeding. the author isn't planning to be “nice and lovey-dovey to my readers” in this book. better get out if it's too early.)

USUAL. It's a usual day for the dorm leader of Ignihyde, using his tablet to attend his classes. However, he's currently playing the pre-released game they call Genshin Impact—having him as a beta tester for the new characters...

     "(Name)'s adventure team, assemble!" A girl with (h/c) hair on his screen exclaimed. She then looked around before sighing, "I should've known..."

Idia's currently staring at her for almost five minutes, checking her design. One of her landmarks is the many bandaids, a large scar on her shoulder, the open stomach, her goggles, and a pyro vision placed on her pocket holder. It's said she's a support and a four-star, which will be released in the upcoming release...

     "Aw, poor, (Name)-chan. She's the only one in her adventure team," Idia sighed as he read her background. "If I'm with you, I'll join your team and I don't care if you're an unlucky girl!" He assured, grinning at the idle (Name).

Unbeknownst to him, (Name) blushed behind his screen and it caused his computer to lag and then black screen. She panicked when she can't see him anymore, looking around to find him. Since he left near the Starsnatch Cliff, she started to walk around and "accidentally" slipped off the cliff—leading her to fall and "die"...

     "NO, (NAME)-CHAN!" Idia yelled when he saw the grayish figure of the unfortunate girl on the side of the screen. "This game is still bugging... Man, I'm so sorry, (Name)! I must've panicked and led you to your death! I'm so sorry!" He apologized.

He rushed to the nearby Statue of Seven, reviving the poor girl. The pop-up "(Name) has received a blessing from the Statue of Seven" started to appear as the girl returned to her full-hp state. (Name) gasped when she saw Idia sighing in relief while looking at her...

     "You know, you're cute... Don't know why they made you an unlucky girl though," the flaming-headed male commented while looking fondly at her. He then snapped his fingers and grinned, "I'll spoil you once you're released! I'll be the best (Name) main in this world!" Cue for him laughing maniacally inside his room.

     "Big Brother, is everything alright?"

     "AH! ORTHO, EVERYTHING'S FINE, DON'T WORRY!"

Idia grumbled as he walk through the corridors of the campus, annoyed because of the hype (Name) was receiving. Yes, he's glad she is loved by many of the Genshin Impact fandoms, but he couldn't stop but feel jealous. True, he's one of the best (Name) mains around the world but those "pests" are trying to outdo him...

     "Yeah, just put noblesse oblige on her and you're good to go! It's up to you if you want to activate her C6," one of the devoted fans of (Name)—Cater Diamond—advised the student. "She's the best support in-game, too! Also, look, I even got her keychain!"

He showed a mini (Name) to his friend, flexing it. Idia rolled his eyes and continued passing the classroom, annoyed. Countless people had the unfortunate girl on their team, and couldn't even remove her unless needed. She can be a DPS, support, and healer at once so no wonder almost everyone needs her...

     "Stupid normies..." Idia mumbled. "I wish (Name) was here..."

Meanwhile, with his (Name) in his unopened Genshin account, she was currently exploring Inazuma's foggy area. As per Idia's wish to do the quest to remove it, he teleported her there and logged out...

     "(Name), don't get too far," Zhongli (the shielder) said as he grabbed her shoulder. "The player would freak out if you suddenly got lost. You might even get injured," he warned.

     "Don't worry, Mr. Zhongli! I'll be right back!" She assured and ran through the foggy side, her teammates yelling for her to come back. "Maybe I should do this quest for Idia! I'm sure he'll be ecstatic about it!" She told herself as she started to march.

The way was unclear and the fog was too much for her eyes. She bumped her head on a branch, then hit her foot on a rock, and as well almost awoken a sleeping mitachurl. She looked around to see she was already lost...

     She bit her nail, "Oh no... I'm doomed! Idia won't like it if I—" She stopped when she heard someone behind her. "That's probably a boar here... Boars are very usual in Tevyat... I doubt it's something dangerous, right?" She asked herself, chuckling.

     "Grr..." A large electro-infused floating wolf (Thundercraven Rifthound Whelp) was in front of her once she turned around. "GRRR..."

     (Name) gulped in fear, "Nice doggy... Good doggy..." She smiled at the Rifthound. "I'M NOT YUMMY! DON'T EAT ME!" She panicked and took the run.

Unfortunately for her, she reached a dead end of the place—completely trapped with the enemy. It was now dangerously growling as its purple eyes ignited in anger and hunger at the same time...

     She shrieked and backed away, raising her sword. "STAY BACK, DOGGY! I TOLD YOU I'M NOT SCRUMPTIOUS OR ANYTHING!" She said, but it paid no mind and grabbed her sword away from her. "NO! WAH!"

     "GRRRRR..."

     The next thing she knew was shielding herself with her arms, "Please, Barbatos. Help me... I don't want to die again," she prayed while closing her eyes. "I DON'T WANT TO BE EATEN ALIVE!" She sobbed when she heard the Rifthound growling loudly.

The following events were going too fast, the Rifthound opening its jaw and now rushing to devour her. Then a blinding light appeared and it sucked her, leaving the enemy growling in anger as its food is nowhere to be found. She was saved, but at what cost?

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

ベネット