arcade.

Another day has passed by, and Mysta is still on the hunt to find Ike Eveland. 'Where could he be..' He wondered, controlling the wheel of Mika's car. Mysta has driven to almost everywhere he could think of, investigating all of those places one by one looking for him. But nothing. Just like his murders were, he too, was hard to find anything on.

He hugged the phone between his cheek and shoulder whilst driving, talking to Mika. "Well, that's the last place in this area I thought he could be, no trace." He said. On Mika's end, she was watching through a map of the area, "So I guess I.E's living place isn't nearby here.. but I don't understand.." Mika sends him the map she had made. "If his resident area is out of here, then how is he following your every step whilst also keeping his regular life afloat?"

"Since he's a novelist, he could also just be making  an excuse of wanting to look around this area for inspiration purposes, you know."
"Right. Hmmm.." Mika scrolls through recent news articles, searching for anything related to the author. "As for the 6th book you found the other day, tell me what happened in it again?" She asked, continuing to scroll.

"The character was found with their right arm and left leg cut off. The cause of death was multiple hits to the head. If you need anymore details, the book should be in my room." Mysta replied. Mika nodded, leaving the living room for Mysta's room. "Alright. I've got the book, and yeah, you're right. Do you think the book depicts exactly what happens in reality? Because if that's the case, then we can pinpoint an exact location and catch him."

He agrees with her words, heading back into the driveway. He opens up the front door to see Mika in her pajamas, laptop in lap, lying on the sofa peacefully. "You do know we have to go to the agency in about 30 minutes, right?" Mysta says, looking at her. "I know. And you should've been the one taking your break from being a massive workaholic and addict to this case. Almost like you're literally obsessed with I.E at this point." She fired back, laughing. Mysta looks at her with an angry expression on his face. "Okay! Okay! I won't joke about that again I promise!" She laughed, leaving the sofa for the showers.

When she leaves entirely, he slumps down, sighing. He was taking Mika's words into consideration, "Maybe I am getting a little bit too obsessed with this case.." He looks at the 6th book on the coffee table, deciding to reread it. The wording felt familiar, but he continued on reading, waiting for Mika. "This sucks.. The writing is cool though.." He turned the page, reading line after line. This kept going on until Mika had come back from her shower. "Alright. Let's get going before you lose your last millimeter worth of brain cells" She took the book from his hands, opening the door.

When they arrived at the agency, they noticed something was off. "Elira, where's Fulgur?" Mysta asked to their front desk clerk. "He still hasn't come in yet which is.. odd to say the least. Usually he's the first one here." She replies. They thank her and run over to Mysta's office.

He opened the door, dialed Fulgur's number, and let the phone ring. One ring. Two rings. Three rings. No response. "Maybe he'll come in later. He's still busy hanging out with his friends maybe?" Mysta hung up the phone and sat down in his chair. "Let's just... continue on with I.E and prioritize where Fulgur is later." Mika nods in agreement, bringing out the book from her bag.

An hour passed, Fulgur didn't arrive yet.

Two hours passed, Fulgur still didn't appear.

30 minutes after the two hour mark, Mika was fed up with her self conscious thoughts. She closed her book and pulled Mysta along with her. "Alright I've had it. I can not sit around wondering where the fuck Fulgur is. This man is way to on track with his shit to be this late."

"Yeah you're right. But first- please let go of me. Second, are we going to his house first or what? We literally have no idea where he is."

"....you actually have a point for once holy shit.."