Chapter 1

---Nik---

8.28 ''MOM IM RUNNING LATE, BYEEE!'' I yelled to my mom so she wouldn't come running after me to give me a hug. I slammed the door shut and sprinted down all of the stairs without tripping once. But I didn't have to be proud of myself because the only thing on my mind was to get to that bus stop before the bus left, which was in 2 minutes. Feeling like i was Flash himself I sprinted full speed down the road, around the bookshop (with aunty Nat yelling the time at me like she always does when I'm running) and down the road again to the bus stop. 

I'm one of the few students who take the bus to school. Most of them already have their drivers license or have parents who have a drivers license to drive them to school. I have neither. Which leaves me with a bus to catch every morning. I would like to say that I'm one of those people who goes out the house on time and never misses their bus, yet I have to disappoint. Most of the mornings I reach the bus just as it's leaving which leads me to continue my morning jog to the next bus stop and sweating like a pig. 

Today is one of my lucky days because i actually managed to catch the bus. ''Nikita Bouvel. Not used to seeing you make it to this stop on time'' I look up and see the man that is responsible for all my bad mornings. ''Same here Mr. Henry. Tell me, is this the first time you haven't ignored my frantic waving, running down the street?'' I feel no shame or disrespect asking this question. Mr Henry glares at me. ''I don't know what your talking about'' he says with a grunt. I know he's lying. I can't count how many times we made eye contact while I was running, wheezing like crazy and he just started the engine to leave me continue running to the next stop. 

Being the mature and grown up person that I am, I leave the matter be and go looking for an empty spot, preferable without anyone sitting next to me. My luck really is at it's peek today since i have found the perfect spot. The back corner looking lonely and deserted waiting for someone to sit there. As I approach the two empty seats I can see why they have been left untouched. Someone had left a really stinky and mouldy sandwich on one of the seats. Well, we can't have it all. Starting to breath with my mouth to not inhale the stink, I sit down next to the sandwich.