Chapter 15

"You get one call each, do you want to use that now?" The police officer asked us as we walked through the police station.

"Yeah. Hey what happens if no ones answers?" I asked him

"Then you get another obviously" he said back. Jeez, rude much? I though it was a good question.

"Here you go. You go first." He said pointing at me.

I sighed and walked up to the nasty payhphone looking thing. The phone itself had so much grease on the handle I didn't even wanna touch it.

"Hey can I have a tissue?" I asked polietly

"No now make your damn call!" He yelled back, making me flinch. Well okay then.

I dialed the buttons for Marks cell phone but it went straight to voicemail, meaning his phone was off and leaving me hannging up the phone and looking awkwardly at the officer.

"He uh... he didn't answer" I said quietly before picking up the phone and deciding to skip calling anyone elses cells and risking having them not answer.

Dialing Rikki's home phone, this one at least rang. One.. two.. three.. come one someone please pick up.

"Hello?" Damons warm voice met my ears.

I sighed "Thank god, Damon Ri-"

"Lynn where are you calling from? It's a weird caller id" he interrupted

"If you would let me finish." I growled out before taking a breath and continuting "Rikki and I, we um... we kind of got... arrested.. and we kinda need Jason to come get us.." I finished

"You what! Lynn!" He yelled

"Damon I swear it wasn't my fault just please..."

"Okay, okay, calm down. I'll tell him. Stay on the phone, okay?" he said sounding genuinely worried

"Okay" i said quietly.

There was a long silence before there was yelling in the background, more like screaming. After a shuffling noise the phone was being picked up again and Marks voice met my ears "Lynn, hon, are you okay? Why didn't you call me?"

I sighed, trying not to let my anger take over "I'm fine, we're fine. And I tried to call you but it went straight to voicemail."

"Crap. Lynn I'm sorry. It must have turned off while it was in my back pocket" which was his way of saying his butt turned off his phone. Touche butt. Touche.

Suddenly there was more shuffling then Jasons voice came through the phone "Lynn! Don't worry honey i'm coming to get you guys okay? Just stay calm. We're leaving the hosue now. I have to hang up. Okay?" he rushed out worriedly.

"Okay..." I said before hanging up the phone and looking back at Rikki and the officer saying "Jasons on his way"

The officer led us to the mini jail cell that was in the back of the station saying "I guess you don't need your call then" towards Rikki.

We were waiting in the cell for around ten minutes before I heard familiar voices yelling. Rikki stood up and met Mark and Damon at the bars of the cell while I stayed leaning back against the wall, staying silent.

We weren't alone in the cell, there were two girls aside from me and Rikki. One of them was sleeping on the little cot and the other one had blond hair and was sitting on the chair in the corner of the room.

Suddenly I heard jasons voice "What do you mean I can't bail her out! She is my daughter! Close enough! Thats rediculious. She is a part of my family!" then his voice got deep and angry, and I knew he was compelling the guy "You will let me take my two daughters home with no questions asked. Do you understand?"