Day 10 - I have always loved you

"Gem!" an 11-year-old Fourth called Gemini.

"What's up?"

"Have you heard of the legend of seven years of wishing?" Gemini asked.

"Is there something of that sort?" Gemini chuckled.

Fourth rolled his eyes. "Of course you won't know. Let me tell you. If you write a wish and bury it under this sacred tree, it will success before the end of seventh year from the date of wishing."

Gemini laughed holding his stomach. "You believe in this bullshit?"

"Yes, I do. So now take this." He handed him a paper and pen.

Gemini smiled at him and took it.

They both wrote and Fourth leaned to the ground where he dug out soil to bury his wish.

Gemini tried keeping his wish along.

"What are you doing? You dig on the other side." Fourth pushed him.

"Why?"

"Because wishes kept together will not be fulfilled." Fourth pouted filling the pit with sand.

Gemini chuckled and dug a pit on the other side of the tree. "Happy now?" He asked.

"I will keep a reminder with me for each year this day. On the seventh year from now, we will go and dig up our wishes." Fourth said excited.

"By that time won't we already know if our wishes came true or not?"

"Oh yes... Then... We will dig out each other's wishes. What say?" Fourth raised his hand, Gemini responded with a high-five.

.

Reminder – 7th Year End for Wish Dig-Out

Fourth saw the notification and threw his phone aside. He decided to have nothing to do with Gemini anymore.

He got into the car with his family. "Where are we going on a Sunday?"

"We are going to a temple son." Fourth's mother replied.

Fourth rolled his eyes. But he did not want to stay back home. He did not want to look at his phone and anticipate anything. He wanted to run away from Gemini. Because he wasn't sure if he was ready to let go that guy whom he fell in love with.

When they reached, Fourth realised that this is the same temple where they buried the wishes near the sacred tree.

He face-palmed knowing damn well that he will have a hard time not to go near the tree.

But he somehow managed to not go there and stay busy with his family in all boring conversations.

It was not until he reached his car that he saw Gemini running out of the temple with a wish bottle in his hand.

'Did he read my wish?' Thought Fourth. "Dad, I'll be back in a minute." He said and ran to the tree terrified.

On reaching he saw that his side of the pit was dug. He was about to run after Gemini knowing damn well what he had wished for but then he stopped and turned to look at the tree.

Something in him made him itch to go and check Gemini's wish.

With a broken heart he kneeled on the ground and started digging with his own hands.

He opened the small glass bottle and took out the crumpled paper from inside. And then what he read made him gasp.

He gaped around with tear filled eyes and then before anything, he ran out to his car.