Chapter 20

"What are you doing here?" Jisoo's face showed terror on them. "This is the Holy Temple! You can't just show yourself in here, you know." Jisoo nagged.

"Tch. As if I care about that." The magician replied and just sat on the chair nonchalantly.

Jungkook gave him his cold stare before turning to Jisoo. "I didn't know you two are acquainted." He noted.

"Well, you can say that we share some special bond." Namjoon stated, giving his teasing smile at Jisoo who just glared in return.

Jungkook looked curious but tried not to be driven by the Magician's taunting. "So, what's the reason that the Magician of the Black Tower came in barging here?" The young duke this time looked demanding.

"And why should I tell you?" Namjoon smirked.

"Because you're disturbing my official visit with the lady. So the least you could do is tell us the reason for it." Jungkook looked pissed.

Namjoon stopped smiling and looked serious. He turned to look at Jisoo who looked confused, and then the magician sighed deeply before turning his eyes to the duke.

"I sense another danger or anomaly. And we think it concerns the incoming ritual tomorrow." Namjoon revealed which made both of them look horrified.

"What do you mean by that?" Jungkook immediately asked. "Does it mean that the lady will be in danger?" He then turned to look at Jisoo with concern in his eyes.

"Hmm." The magician just shrugged, looking somewhat bored.

"Then we should stop the ceremony." The duke was quick to stand but Jisoo's raised hand stopped him. "What?"

"Maybe this is the perfect opportunity to catch those bastards—" Jisoo paused and stared at the surprised looks on the both of them. "I mean those— people who tries to sabotage the ceremony." She finished, feeling embarrassed.

"Are you mad?" The duke looked incredulous. "You're willing to become bait just to catch those bastards?"

"I'm in!" Namjoon raised his hand enthusiastically agreeing to the lady's plan.

Jungkook immediately gave the magician his famous death glare. "No. The ceremony will be cancelled. That's it."

"And who are you to stop the ritual?" Jisoo looked adamant. "I'm the priestess and I say we continue with this plan."

The young duke looked annoyed but all he could do was stare at the hard-headed lady in front of him and sighed in defeat. "If the lady says so, then there's nothing I can do." The duke stated. "But at least let me protect you." He added, leaving Jisoo stunned.

"The priests will be there to protect me." Jisoo reminded.

Jungkook's face became grim. "But those priests won't be anticipating the danger. Unless, you'll be telling the temple about this plan of yours?" The duke smirked.

Jisoo looked defeated as she contemplated. She thought that they'll have to keep this plan a secret, not wanting for something to go wrong. She couldn't exactly trusts anyone and couldn't let her family know and make them worry. And the magicians were not allowed in the temple because of the rules. On the other hand, nobles were expected to attend and just thinking about about the duke being there, Jisoo could already feel herself being at ease knowing how strong he is.

"Alright." Jisoo finally answered.

"Then I'll talk with the head priest and notify him about the security matter for the Ritual." Jungkook stated and stood up. "Then, shall I escort you back, milady?" The young duke looked at Jisoo with his extended hand.

"Apologies, duke." This time, the magician stood in between Jungkook and the lady. "But I still have some business with the young lady."

And without warning, Namjoon took Jisoo's hand and disappeared into thin air, leaving Jungkook wondering how to explain to the attendants waiting outside. By the time that Jisoo opened her eyes, she was already back inside her chambers in the temple. Namjoon on the other hand looked amused by the glare that the lady was giving him.

"Seriously though? Can't I go back to my room normally?" Jisoo could only roll her eyes as she marched towards her bed.

Jisoo could feel herself relaxed as her body touched the soft bed. She rolled on her tummy and rested her chin in between her hands as she studied the magician who was sitting on the windowsill, staring at her.

"What?" Jisoo's brows creased.

Namjoon chuckled. "I was just wondering if the past you is any different to the current you."

Jisoo stiffened, thinking of the tragedy she went through. "Stop thinking nonsense and just spill the tea already. I know you have something to tell me that the duke shouldn't hear."

"Right." Namjoon leaned forward, resting his elbow on his lap. "Do you remember of what I told you about the lady being an anomaly?" He started and Jisoo immediately sat up and nodded her head. "I believe that you became an anomaly because you shouldn't have had remembered anything about your past life."

Jisoo's eyes widen in realization. "Are you telling me that someone else caused this?"

"I believe so." The magician replied. "The question is, who?"

*** to be continued***