ten

The last time Nina was in London with Harry, she was on summer break, excited to spend the entire summer traveling Europe on tour with him. Now, as the plane touches down once again in London, she was excited to see a different side of Harry.

Instead of following him around, watching him perform for adoring crowds every other night, she was going home with him. The fans would be swapped with adoring family members, ready to welcome Harry back with open arms. It was a time for rest and relaxation, an escape from a public life.

This time, she was getting to know his family better. She had met his mother and sister over the summer, all three quickly becoming close friends, as well as some family and friends that meant a lot to Harry. But this trip had the main purpose of really integrating Nina into the family. Bringing her into their Christmas celebrations and ultimately, making her an official family member.

But before they went home to Manchester, Harry had a few things to take care of in London. Mainly, he just had to drop off some extra luggage and paperwork at the house. Since they were driving to Manchester, it made sense to stop at the house anyway to pick up a car rather than pay for a car service the entire trip. Plus that gave them the option to travel at their own pace and make stops along the way. Harry also had to drop off some things with his label before they left London.

Harry watched as Nina looked out the window excitedly, her eyes trying to take in as much of the city as they could while landing. Jeff had already arranged for them to have a car pick them up right from the plane so they could avoid any prying eyes. Little did they know, their peaceful and intimate holiday was going to be interrupted.

News spread fast overnight among the likes of gossip pages and paparazzi of Harry's presence in New York. Pictures were being sold and articles were being drafted as the couple was up in the sky, blissfully unaware and believing they went unseen as always. They had no clue that they were enjoying their last few moments of privacy.

"I can't believe we're here." Nina commented as they got off the plane, walking toward the car that was waiting for them.

He nodded, "I know. Time to just take a break and relax." He was starting to feel the exhaustion setting in now that there was a month between now and when he needed to think about work again. Now's the chance to focus on family time and giving Nina his undivided attention.

The driver put their luggage in the trunk of the SUV as Harry helped Nina into the backseat. He slid in after her, kissing her cheek softly. She smiled over at him as she buckled in. "I'll never get used to seeing the driver on the right side of the car. Or that you guys drive on the opposite side. I know it's normal here, but I always forget and get nervous."

That confession made Harry melt, loving seeing the world through her eyes. "I get it. I remember being weird about driving in the US when we were there the first time. If you want I could take you driving when we're at my mum's. The roads aren't as busy over there."

Nina shrugged with a shake of her head and a grin. "Babe, I haven't been behind the wheel of a car since I got my license in high school. I don't think I trust myself to drive anywhere, let alone somewhere that I'm not familiar with the driving laws." They both laughed, knowing Nina was a New Yorker through and through.

Driving through London toward Harry's house, Nina found herself looking out the window, amazed at how beautiful the city was at Christmas time. It looked straight out of a movie with the way the snow was covering the ground and the streets were decorated for the holidays.

Of course, Christmas in New York was always so special to her. Memories of visiting Santa at Macy's when she was little to going to see the giant Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center. It was her first year spending the holiday outside of her beloved city, but to her surprise, she didn't feel homesick in the slightest. London felt cozy and inviting, and she was sure Anne's home in Manchester would be the same.