01 ; Lost Contact

SUM. : it was supposed to be more than a one night stand and a great weekend spent together; there was a connection, the time spent together was special...so why did it all just stop?

PAIR. : Denki Kaminari x Single Mother Reader

LENGTH : 3.7k

G. : misunderstandings ; so much misunderstanding! ; unnecessary suffering on both sides ; single parent au ; single mother reader ; father kaminari ; but he doesn't know that yet ; prohero au ; timeskip au ; angst for now ; slight fluff ; new beginnings? ; kirishima is a good friend ; kaminari is going through some stuff ; mutual longing

A/N : sorry it took so long to put this out, i really didn't like the first several drafts of it and the plot arc needed a lot of tweaking. this is also just the start so it's a bit short but there's a lot to come, i promise! enjoy the read, dolls! all my love x

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

New beginnings need an equally new environment so that the pristine setting can sufficiently accommodate your grave yearning for a clean slate. It's only been a few days but there's a particular type of comfort that comes with living in a new place. Not only that, it saves you from ever remembering the once happy and now bitter memories held in your old home.

It's silly, really.

To think that you would move houses just to keep from being reminded of the magical night and weekend you spent with a certain electrifying prohero. Nevertheless, here you are, fully moved into a recently available penthouse apartment and with a noticeable bump in your tummy as you were already in your second trimester.

You can be rightfully bitter towards the man responsible for your current lonely circumstance but knowing that you would soon have such a precious gift to centre your new life around was enough motivation for you to keep going.

You're capable of letting a man go but not your baby.

Despite having a new backdrop in your everyday life, oftentimes, when you have an absent pause to think about random things occurring at that moment, you fall victim to those same sweetly haunting memories. Underlined by a warm gentleness that tries to comfort you in spite of the hollowed emptiness it carves into your chest, leaving you to ache for the missing piece that slipped through your fingers. On your lips is a small, heavy smile and brows are stitched up and furrowed tightly; it's a perfect illustration of your consistent internal conflict.

That weekend was such a complicated and jumbled mix of emotions and experiences. It felt as if you had lived through an entire high school romance with this man in the span of only 2 days. He had made such good love to you and didn't stop, even outside bedroom activities. After such a deeply passionate and heated few hours, he spent equally as much time, if not more, cherishing you and worshipping your entire being, not just your body. He made you laugh so hard that, at times, you cried. And the rest of your time spent together, he made you feel so loved, your heart ached with a longing that made you question why you hadn't met him sooner.

Those two blissful days were spent away from all outside sources, your phones tucked away and silent, leaving the two of you to immerse yourselves in your own secluded world - a paradise only meant for you two. Sometimes, he cooked for you and sometimes you cooked for him. His dishes were a rather poor and sad attempt but seeing the determination in his gaze over the stovetop made the food taste better than any gourmet restaurant dish you have ever indulged in. He serenaded you over karaoke, cuddled you close through ghibli films and never stopped peppering you with kisses and affectionate nuzzles. He was childish and handsome and a dream to be with.