Rory McCann - Childhood Love

Start from the beginning

You quickly finish showering and dry yourself. Showering did not help distract you from thinking about him. You put on a tight black dress and then went on to blow dry your hair. After drying, you do your make-up and put on Rory's favorite perfume. Even when he's not here, you still like to think that he somewhat still is.

It didn't take long until you were out the door. Your mom was home, so you were able to drive to your favorite location. You didn't say anything to your mom because she was in her room. So, you just exit your home and continue to get in your car and drive off.

"Evening, Y/N" the bartender nods at you.

"Hello Howard. Just a Martini for now" you said.

You look around the bar, it's only 8 but there seems to be more people than usual. Mostly old drunks but still, more than usual. You receive your drink and quickly down it not savoring any taste. You should've just ordered shots.

"Everything alright?" Howard askes.

"Yea... just been in my head lately" you stated.

"What's on your mind?" Howard askes again.

" I don't wanna talk about it" you know he's just trying to be nice, but you don't want to tell him that Rory's been on your mind all too often.

"Come on girl. I wanna hear your dirty little secrets" Howard smirks and pushes a shot towards you. "On the house."

"Thanks, but no I'm not telling you" You roll your eyes. You know Howard will spill your dirty little secret to everyone in town. You throw back the shot he gives you.

"Oh, come on little lady, it won't hurt" Howard pushes.

Yes, it will," Howard, it's nothing" you said again turning away annoyed that he's pushing the topic.

"How about coming back to my place and spilling to me what's on your mind" he says again as he moves closer to you from over the counter. You turn around to tell him off but found someone else.

"Y/N" the person says.

Yours eyes are now literally out of your socket. Rory

"Ro-Rory" you whispered. What is he doing here? When did he get here? Why is he here? How did he know that you'd be here? You're frozen. This man towering over you seemed like a dream. Like you'd wake any second or that if you touch him, he'll evaporate.

"Y/N" he said again smiling. His calm and warm voice brings shivers down your spine. He slowly extends his hand and brushes a piece of your hair behind your ear.

"Long time no see" he laughs as you blink multiple times trying to see if he's real.

"I don't mind your staring, but I'd rather hug you than keep staring right now" Rory says as he breaks eye contact and pulls you in for a hug. For a second you didn't hug him but then immediately ring your arms up to hug him.

"I miss you" you whispered into his chest.

"I miss you more" he muffled into your hair. He pulls you in closer. You didn't want to let go. You miss him. His smell. His warmth. His everything. Your whole body was levitating.

"What are you doing here?" you ask pulling from the hug and looking up to his handsome face. He has grown a beard and his head has certainly lost some hair, but he was still Rory. Still as handsome as ever. 

"I came back for you" he softly smiles. Everything and everyone in the room disappeared. His words made your heart jump.

"What do you mean?" you look back at him and sit back onto your seat giving some space between the two of you. You could not handle his presence right now. The buzz was kicking in and that only made your head swirl.