Chapter 12: The Gunslinger

Start from the beginning

Slowly, I raise a shaky hand to touch it, but before I could my body is slammed into the wall from the ship suddenly tilting harshly.

I groan in pain as all the floating objects drop out of the air making me cover my head as I'm hit surprisingly by nothing.

In shock, I stare at everything. He's going to kill me for this mess. But before I can think to long I'm swung again to the side as I go rolling on the floor of the ship- which tilts harshly.

I cry in pain as I put weight on my hurt hand. What is happening?! I quickly scurry up and throw myself at the ladder leading to the upper deck of the ship.

I scream as I'm almost flung back down the ladder and onto the lower deck of the ship.

Entering, I grip the back of one of the seats in the cockpit as Mando avoids gunshots.

"What is happening?!" I cry out as the ship spins making me dizzy. We move side to side and in circles making my grip tighter. It's hard to hold on as my hand is still healing.

"I told you to get seat-belted!" He scolded.

"I was asleep!" I defend as I try to get myself on the seat, but I can't as I keep a tight hold on the back of the seat; otherwise, I'd be tossed away.

"Seat. Now!" He demands completely ignoring my defensive response.

"I'm trying!" I argue back, he glances back at me- if he didn't have his helmet I could almost picture the stern look, daring me to talk back again- before looking back out the window just as fast. "Try harder! I'm going to lose this guy." He mumbles the last part to himself.

I glance at Grogu whom stares at me, already seat-belted in his seat.

He gives me a look making me roll my eyes. "You didn't even seat-belt yourself." I accuse childishly. He babbles, raising a hand, the gesture adorable as it seems he's talking back with sass.

"Hand over the children, Mando." A male voice speaks over the ships commlink. I frown, just now realizing the situation, my mood dropping significantly. As much as I want to pretend we're one big happy family going on adventurous outings, bounty hunters will always remind me of our reality.

"And I might let you live." The man states. Grogu whimpers as alarms blare in the ship making me wince at the noise and in fright of the situation.

"Seatbelt. Now." I can feel the anger radiating off of him, not at me, but at the stranger. Quickly, he levels the ship as I jump to fasten my seatbelt. 

"Hold on." He demands making me grip the seats armrests.

"I can bring you in warm or I can bring you in cold." The stranger speaks. I raise a brow. Wait-isn't that- my train of thought is cut off as Mando quickly flips the ship upside down, shooting at the mans ship.

"That's my line." He states irritated as the ship explodes. He turns back to us. "You two alright?" He asks, not hiding his concern. I shakily nod as my stomach churns at us flying around in circles so much.

"I think I'm feeling a little green." I mumble as I try to hold my puke down. Grogu looks at me offended. 

"I'm sorry." I apologize quickly, holding a hand to my mouth in order to keep myself from vomiting all over the cockpit.