VII - Jump

The next morning Lucy was woken up by Steve barging into her room. "Lu, your friend's downst- Woah!" He stopped, going wide eyed. "What happened to you?" His stare was heavy on the bruise and bandaid on her face, the injured leg completely passing his eye.

"I tripped," She partially lied with a small smile, knowing that he didn't care enough to pry.

"Okay. Uh- Anyways, your friend's downstairs. Daniel? Dylan? Curly hair, wears a hat? I don't know. But he said he needed you for something." Steve snarled his words, clearly upset by something going on.

"Dustin. And okay, I'll be down in a minute." Steve shrugged, leaving her bedroom so she could get dressed for the day. Lucy ended up leaving her hair down, hoping it would block the band-aids on her face a little bit. She pulled on acid wash capri-jeans and a soft blue shirt with ankle high socks, her yellow jacket and converse on top. She hobbled down the steps, giving Dustin a big smile. "What's up, Dust?"

"I'm going over to Mikes, to fix things. Want to come?"

"Sure, why not." The two of them went outside, hopping onto Dustin's bike. "I don't need my backpack, do I?"

"You should be fine." He replied. She just shrugged, holding onto Dustin's torso so she wouldn't fall off.

Once the two made it to the Wheeler's, Mrs. Wheeler quickly told them that Mike was in the basement. When they got downstairs they saw that Mike was pacing around, "I just. . .I can't believe she didn't come back."

"She's gotta be close." Dustin told him, trying to ease his worry.

"She said it wasn't safe. She just messed up the compasses because she wanted to protect us! She didn't betray us." Mike was on the verge of shouting. Lucy swayed a little, her head becoming woozy and her leg aching. She decided to take a seat, falling against the wooden floor of the Wheeler basement with a small thud and a smile.

"Mike, calm down." Dustin looked down at the girl, a mixture of amused and concerned.

"I shouldn't have yelled at her, I never should've done that."

"Mike this isn't your fault." Lucy sympathized.

"Yeah, it's Lucas's."

"It wasn't his fault either." Dustin huffed.

"It wasn't his fault?"

"No!"

"So, you're saying he wasn't way out of line?"

"Totally, but so were you!"

"What?"

"And so was Eleven."

"Oh, give me a break."

"No, Mike, you give me a break! All three of you were being a bunch of little assholes!" Dustin started walking closer to the Wheeler boy. "Lucy and I were the only reasonable ones! But the bottom line is. . .you pushed first. And you know the rule. You draw first blood."

"No! No way! I'm not shaking his hand." Lucy grabbed onto the stairs behind her and used them to pull herself up, walking over to the two.

"You're shaking his hand." Dustin snarled.

"No, I'm not."

"This isn't a discussion. This is the rule of law. Obey or be banished from the party."

Now, Lucy didn't know the laws, but she could still commentate. "Do you want to be banished Mike?"

Mike looked at her for a second, shaking his head lightly. "No." He drawled.