⊹ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟶 ⊹

Start from the beginning

"What about us?", you asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah what is it with you two?", he asked, eventually causing you to sigh.

"We...are fake-dating...for a month."

"What?!"

And again, you had to explain the whole situation and now you asked yourself whether all of the ex-Toman members would know about it in the end. "Can you...keep it to yourself?"

"Sure thing", Kazutora smiled. "Don't worry about it, (Y/N)."

"Thank you, Tora."

The two of you eventually decided to meet up with Baji and Shin at the shop and see who else was there. S.S. Motors was your second home and you rather spent your evenings there than at the empty apartment you used to share with your family once.

✩˚₊‧。⋆✩⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆✩⋆。‧₊˚✩

Saturday, 05th of July 2008

"So, who is your favourite Mangaka?", you asked Chifuyu as you were inspecting the manga shelves of the bookstore. The blond had picked you up by foot earlier and together you had walked there.

"Ai Yazawa"

His favourite Mangaka is a woman...

...he really is something else.

You didn't even try to hide your amazement, as you replied. "I really am not a great fan of shojo manga but the fact that a woman is your favourite Mangaka is so cool!"

"Why wouldn't she be? Her manga are amazing!" His eyes lit up and he really seemed to be excited about this whole topic.

"No..of course, I...I just mean that not every man would so openly admit a thing like that. You're just so...real, you know what I mean?"

He grinned at you. "Yeah. You too."

The two of you stared at each other for a moment until you chuckled and asked him to tell you more about his favourite manga.

"Are you sure?" He seemed hesitant.

"Of course, why would I ask if I wasn't?"

"I just mean, you don't really like shojo, I don't want to bother you with it. I also like manga about gangs, so..."

"No", you instantly replied. "I mean...of course you can also tell me about that but...I want you to tell me about your favourites, no matter what genres. I don't wanna listen to you to be entertained but to learn more about you. That's the thing that interests me most right now."

You felt your face heat up as you spoke these words and involuntarily you averted your gaze from Chifuyu, who only stared at you in awe for the next few seconds. As soon as he got a hold of himself again, you saw him smiling from the corner of your eye and he agreed. "Alright!"

The boy talked quite some time, showing you panels from Nana and you realised how engrossed he was and how his eyes were sparkling all the time. His body language and occasionally reddened cheeks were underlining the sincerity of his emotions when it came to the character's relationships and happenings throughout the story.

He is pretty observant.

You realised how heart-warming it was to simply listen to him and that you would enjoy it even for hours. As soon as he finished, quite some time had passed but to you it still felt way too short.

Can one be addicted to listening to someone's voice other than Kurt Cobain's or Freddie Mercury's?

You started to feel giddy and didn't know why.

"Now tell me more about your favourite manga, (Y/N). I...I originally wanted to come here to get to know more about you."

"But I...really enjoyed listening to you, Chifuyu. It makes me happy to see how passionate you are about it. You almost convinced me to read it too, however I would prefer listening to you telling me the story."

"It would take hours", he laughed.

"Even better", you said without really thinking about it. The blond looked at you stupefied, his cheeks flushed, and you felt your own face heating up again as well.

Did I really say that out loud? Why did I say it?! No...no, (Y/N), your own condition was to stay real, it's good that you said it so directly.

"I...uh...I...you...", Chifuyu stumbled over his own words. You seemed to have made him flustered again.

"N-Now", you wanted to ease the tension between you two, "let me tell you about Black Butler then."

He listened to you attentively, however there wasn't much to share. The manga was still rather new, so he ended up asking you about 'Monster' as well and you gladly told him about it.

"You're the most violent lady I ever met", he said in the end. "Right after Baji-sans mother."

You laughed, stumped by this sudden statement. "Chifuyu!"

"Huh?" He tilted his head slightly.

"That", you still couldn't stop laughing, now even holding your belly, "that was a great comparison. I take it as a compliment."

"It...it was", his face straightened. You slowly calmed down and looked at the boy again, who seemed to be in thought now. "(Y/N), when I first met you I really thought you were a lot like Baji-san."

"Oh really?", you were honestly surprised, not sure whether anyone ever told you the same thing before.

"Yeah. But now that I got to know you a little bit better, it feels wrong to compare you to him."

"Why?"

"Because...I am Baji-sans sworn younger brother. He is very cool and strong and I would follow him everywhere."

Now, that's admirable. Takemitchy was right about Chifuyu's loyalty...

"But you", he continued, "are the one person I want to not only follow and fight for, but also protect and make happy. I see you as an equal and I want to know every little detail about you."

Everything you were able to reply to this, was to softly mutter his name under your breath, as you felt the heat in your face slowly spreading to the tips of your ears.

"W-Was that too-"

Before he could end his sentence, you had already embraced him in a tight hug, a smile plastered on your face as you gently interrupted him. "No, it wasn't too anything. It was perfect."

This boy really is slowly ruining my plan to never fall in love...

...but maybe, I will let him.

✩˚₊‧。⋆✩⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆✩⋆。‧₊˚✩