"You look stunning, Oli," he said with a warm smile.

Olivia beamed at the compliment and grabbed her purse from the table. "Are you ready to go?"

He nodded, and together they made their way out of the hotel room and into the night.

.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

A room full of people received them.

The entire place was decorated with various sponsors of the sport, as well as with the different F1 constructors.

Olivia didn't know anyone, but they had to stop every now and then because people she didn't know wanted to talk with Carlos.

After an hour of being surrounded by them and conversations she didn't understand, both Carlos and Olivia were able to continue walking inside the room.

There were round tables all over the room, and a stage in front.

By this time, Olivia was regretting putting on heels. It had only been an hour, and there was a lot more to go.

"Can I sit? I am slowly dying with these heels," she said, looking at her brother.

"Yeah, I think this is our table," he said, approaching one of the tables in the room. Olivia slowly sat down and took her heels off, feeling the pain slowly disappearing. "Do you want something to drink?" Carlos asked her.

"Please," she said.

"I'll be right back," and with that, he disappeared, leaving Olivia alone.

This gala was just as exciting as she expected. Please note the sarcasm in that phrase.

"Smart-ass." Yep, and everything just got better.

"Genius boy," she said, turning and facing Lando. She could lie; bute he looked so good in a suit. "What brings you here to interrupt my personal moment?"

"I just saw you here alone, and I thought that my company would make things better for you."

"Well... you thought wrong. Sorry to disappoint you, though."

"No need to apologize," he said, ignoring her sarcasm on purpose, and taking a seat next to her.

"What... What are you doing?" she asked.

"Taking my seat. Isn't that obvious?" Olivia looked at the name on the table, and it must be Lando Norris.

"Great, now I have to be next to you all night."

"Don't act like you don't like my company."

"You're right. If you weren't here, how was I going to tease? Yeah, Lando! You make my life so much better with your presence."

"Smart-ass, your sarcasm is starting to become annoying."

"What sarcasm? I was being honest."

"Do you even have friends? How do they endure you?"

"I have friends, and I am perfectly fine with them."

"Yeah? Tell me one name."

"You know I could simply lie and tell you a name, right?"

"Then why didn't you tell me a name?"

"I... I have friends."

"Great, just tell me a name."

"Jen and Grace. They are my best friends. Happy? And what about you? You don't seem like a guy with tons of friends. Otherwise, you'd be talking to them, not to me."