⁵ School

Dewey drives Tatum and I to school in his police car so we can both avoid the reporters, who were crowding infront of my school. I sigh as I exit the car. "Make sure you apologize to Gale, alright?" Dewey says, raising his eyebrows at me. The police officer steps out the car, leaning on the car door.

"I will, promise."

I look around nervously. "It's alright, it's school. You'll be safe." Dewey states.

Suddenly, a lady with a microphone walks up infront of me. Dewey was quick and he gaurded me from the reporter. "How does it feel to almost be brutally butchered?" she asks. Dewey pushes her away slightly.

"Hey."

"We have a right to know!" she calls as I walk off.

I walk with Tatum and Sidney while trying to search for Gale. She should be here somewhere. When I spot her, I grab Sid's wrist to stop her from walking. "Just a sec, guys." I walk to Gale's van with a fast pace.

"Stop right there." she demands, pointing her finger at me.

"I'm not here to fight, Gale. I want to apologize for yesterday." I state.

"Kenny, camera now, quickly."

"Forgot the camera, will you? I'm just here to say sorry for punching you, not a whole ass interview." I scoff.

"Hm. Well, you're forgiven. I will interview you one day about this, Y/N L/N!" she calls.

I sigh and walk away from her.

"Y/N, I heard that you punched that bitch real hard yesterday." Sidney mentions as I walk back to my two friends.

"Yeah, I did. Honestly felt quite good to punch her." I smile.

I stand by the lockers with Stu, Tatum and Sid. "Y/N, Sid, meet me right here after class, 'kay?" Tatum says, placing her red lollipop in her mouth.

"Hey, I haven't seen Billy around yet.. Is he like, really pissed?" I ask.

"Oh, after the police branded him that he's the candy man, no, he's just heartbroken." Stu replies, grabbing a small mirror and looking at his face with it.

Tatum smacks his arm. "Ow." he winces.

Suddenly, a dickhead dressed up that costume the killer was wearing, runs through the hallways, which makes me flinch as memories flash into my head of last night.

How I almost died.

Stu chuckles, but Tatum smacks him once more. "It's like christmas here." Sid scoffs, obviously not amused by what just happened.

I storm off to the bathroom, sighing heavily. My body collides with somebody elses, and I gasp in astonishment. "Shit.. Sorry.." I murmur.

"Woah, sorry." the male smiles softly, making sure I gain my balance again. I look at the male's face and see Billy. My arms wrap around his neck, and I kiss him on the lips.

"They checked me celluar and I had no records of calling you or Casey. I'm completely innocent." he states.

I nod. "Good. I knew you weren't the killer."

Billy smiles softly. He runs his hand through his caramel hair. "You look a little startled, is everything okay? Did the killer try attacking you again?"

"No.. just a little you know, anxious. I gotta go, sorry Billy." I murmur, walking away.

"Bye, Y/N.." he waves.

Sidney suddenly appears my by side. "Hey, Y/N." she smiles.

"Hey."

"You okay?"

"Yeah. Are you going to the restroom aswell? Maybe we can skip the first class together." I reply.

"Sure, I hate maths anyways."

We walk into the toilet, it's quiet for a few seconds before we hear a female voice coming from inside one of the stalls.

"What if Y/N was never attacked and she just made it all up?"

"Why would she make it up?"

"For attention."

Sidney and I enter the same stall silently, listening to what the two girls were saying.

"What if she did it? What if she killed Casey and Steve with the help of Sidney? Sidney has had some serious issues ever since her mum died."

"Why would they do that?"

"What if Y/N had the hots for Steve, and Sidney just hated Casey? To be honest, Casey is pretty annoying sometimes."

I try to fight the urge to punch those two girls in the fucking face. What assholes they both are.

"What would Y/N want with Steve? She has her own bubble butt boyfriend Billy.

"Maybe she's a slut just like Sidney's mother." one of the girls whisper.

Sidney's eyes expand, and it looks like tears are about to come streaming down her face.

"You're evil." the second girl says.

"Please, it's a common fact."

"Sidney's mum was a tramp. Cut some slack."

The anger grows inside of me, but I know I shouldn't hurt those girls.

"Y/N was probably just some crazy bitch, and eversince her father died, she became even more crazier. That girl has some serious fucking issues. Literally swapping saliva with that Billy Loomis. Billy's probably just pretending to like her 'cuz he feels bad for her."

I hold in the tears.

"One day, Y/N snaps because of all the shit that's been going on in her life. And she's about to do suicide, but doesn't realize thay teen suicide is out this year and homicide is a much healthier, the therapeutic expression."

"Where do you get this shit?"

I hear footsteps.

I think those two girls left.

As soon as they leave, Sidney hugs me tightly, a few tears flowing down her face. I don't cry. I don't even feel sadness. I only feel anger. Those girls shouldn't say shit about me. "It's okay, Y/N. I know you're not the murderer. You're the sweetest girl I've ever known."

Her words make my heart feel warm and fuzzy.

When we exit the stall, we're greeted by a strange atmosphere. It was quiet. Sidney ducks down to look underneath the gap in the stall doors. "Someone there?" she asks.

We hear a strange noise, and Sidney ducks down once more, her breathing was frantic and so was mine. "Stay there, Y/N. The killer might be here." A door opens, and Sid grabs my wrist, dragging me towards the door as the killer leaps towards us, missing.

"Fuck!" I shout.

Sidney and I rush out the toilets, a teacher watching us in concern as we run off. "S-Shit.. The killer's fucking back." I murmur, my hand trembling.