And I'm A House Of Cards

Start from the beginning

"Koob? Koob? His eyes are open but I don't think he's with us. Koob."

Koob's eyes finally snapped to Alex, and he took the puck and began talking.

"Outside I'm a gamer and spend a lot of time in front of a screen. Inside, I think we all might just be a series of one's and zero's and living in a digital elucidation. "

"Hello my name is Evan. On the outside I love Hockey and on the inside I love Hockey. So really looking forward to playing actual Hockey."

"Uh, hey guys I'm Logan. God has blessed me with a solid head of lettuce. And I love dogs. On the inside me and my dad just moved in with my aunt. Because my parents are getting a divorce. Mom cheated on him. I also love cats."

Everyone gave the kid, Logan, wide eyed looks. Nick took the puck next, but I was just barely listening. Logan must have felt my stare, because he turned his head to look at me. I gave him a smile, and he gave me a charming one back.

"...on the inside I look like Logan. Maybe a little taller."

I let out a snort, and caught Evan's eye, who thought it was funny as well.

"I'm Peter. On the outside, I am calm and collected and don't do much. And on the inside, I'm screaming."

The was all he said before passing me the puck.

"Uh, I'm Lily." I said, catching Evan's eye, and he smiled widely at me. "On the outside, I am everyone's favorite. Especially my Dad's." Peter let out a scoff. "And I'm the inside, I have a dream to be a pro-hockey player."

I passed the puck to Jesse, who sat up a bit.

"I'm Jesse Hall the second." Jesse said. "On the outside I am a hockey player. A good one, too. And in the inside, I'm moving in with my cousin, Logan and his Dad and my Aunt, because my Dad's, uh, taking a break from me. And my mom doesn't care about me. And I like the beach."

I looked at Jesse with wide eyes. We hadn't gotten to that part in his life, but apparently he had no problem sharing it.

"Very good you guys." Alex said, after a moment of silence. "That was amazing. I think we are finally ready," Evan stood up excited. "For trust falls."

"I'll be right back." Evan mumbled.

"Ev?" Alex asked.

"I'll go see what's wrong with him." I said, following him.

"Evan." I said, causing both the guy I saw earlier and Evan to look up. "Are you okay?"

He nodded. "I'm fine, Lily."

"Come on, then." I said. "We can at least try your moms things. I know it's different, and we're not used to it, like, at all, but it'll be fun!"

Evan sighed, but followed after me anyway.

{}~{}~{}~{}

Evan Morrow came over after practice.

Alex has dropped all of us kids off, and we rushed inside, trying to get out of the cold.

"Mom, we're home!" I called.

"Dad, Lily brought a boy over!" Peter yelled.

I glared at him, and sighed when my Dad's head popped out from behind the wall. His eyes scanned Evan, and then he fully walked out.

"Morrow." Dad said. "It's nice to see you again."

"You too, sir."